We currently have a full-time Manufacturing Process Engineer opening in our Philadelphia office. We offer a best in class work environment, excellent growth opportunities, Blue Cross healthcare benefits, paid vacation, paid sick, paid holidays, 401k with match, and much more.
Independence Realty Trust (IRT - NYSE) is a fully integrated real estate company, currently managing over 17,000 multi-family units, in 17 markets. We're anticipating tremendous growth and opportunity over the next few years. We strive to provide our residents the best place to live and our employees the best place to add value and reach new heights. IRT has a strong commitment to hiring the most talented industry professionals, which has resulted in record growth, making the Company one of the most respected and trusted within our industry. Our core beliefs as an organization include Empowerment; Optimism; Trust, Passion and Quality. To research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
IRT's Value Add / Renovations Team manages our multi-family unit and clubhouse renovation construction so that we can provide of best quality upgrades, on schedule, and within budget.
* Develop and sustain manufacturing processes to exceed traditional construction techniques while achieving required quality, schedule, and cost objectives.
* Lead the implementation of manufacturing processes including, but not limited to:ensuring that manufacturing processes are properly documented, developing process work flows, critical path sequencing, process monitoring/control methods, support, and training.
* Lead and apply continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization, serving as resource using Lean Six Sigma and other project management tools, methodologies and strategies.
* Define, characterize, and lead the implementation of apartment renovations as a manufacturing process.
* Assure sound engineering, safety, and lean manufacturing principles are applied to process design.
* Develop process documents; specifications, procedures, work instructions and test procedures
* Support project managers and monitor schedule progress.
* Lead process improvements while teaching others improvement techniques.
* BS or equivalent in engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Process, etc.)
* Demonstrated success in process improvement implementation and project management through study, internships and/or professional experience.
* Previous manufacturing experience through study, internships and/or professional experience.
* Experience working with ERP and/or MRP software preferred
* This position requires strong communication, organizational, project management, and technical skills.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PP)
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.