We're brewing up new restaurants faster than you can say \"mise en place.\" If you're a seasoned chef with a sharp eye for managing and developing your people, we want you to bring your skills to our table!
Here's what we're looking for:
* A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Head/Executive Chef of a full-service, high volume restaurant with a scratch kitchen (250-450 covers per dinner shift), required
* Proven track record of coaching and developing direct reports
* Experience within a corporate structure preferred
* Experience with structured management systems strongly preferred
* Willingness to commute up to one hour for work or up to thirty miles one way, whichever is greater
* ServSafe Certification preferred
Our Executive Chefs ?
* Take OWNERSHIP of their kitchens, and INSPIRE their Sous Chefs and kitchen staff to work with passion.
* EXECUTE high-performing kitchens by driving top-notch food quality, accountability, and employee development.
* COLLABORATE with their direct reports and are masters of building effective Back of House Teams.
* Have a contagious attitude and SMILE, because it's no secret that they love what they do.
At Iron Hill Brewery, our Executive Chefs manage, coach, and develop their Sous Chefs and kitchen staff to ensure that the execution of the kitchen is consistent with our Core Values:
* Responsible for the overall development of Sous Chefs and kitchen staff in the restaurant.
* Assess, hire, and retain culinary talent, and oversee the success of the hourly Back of House training program.
* Exemplifying passion about our products, our standards, and leading the entire team to ensure that our culture of \"Inspiring Loyalty\" is promoted throughout the whole restaurant.
* Protect the guest-experience by maintaining the highest level of excellence with regards to food safety, sanitation, product quality, recipe adherence, and plating procedures.
* Develop strategies to promote the Iron Hill Brand within the four walls by executing special daily features as well as special event dinners and promotions.
* Collaborate with General Manager and Sous Chefs to manage budgeted food and labor costs through effective ordering, inventory, and scheduling practices.
* Educate managers and staff with strategic ways to drive sales (for example: cost-effective specials, special appetizers, desserts, etc).
We've got a flight of reasons to brew a career with us:
* Work/life balance --- 5-day work week
* Generous bonus structure
* Medical, vision and dental insurance
* 401K with a company match
* Paid Time Off
* Discounts and a Comp Card for free food & beer
* Development opportunities as we open new restaurants!
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant:
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE twenty years ago, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to sixteen locations across the mid-Atlantic region.
Each restaurant is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. In 2014, Zagat honored Iron Hill by naming them the most popular restaurant in Philadelphia, and their beers have earned 45 medals from the Great American Beer Festival in an unbroken 20-year winning streak that continues today.
Iron Hill Brewery is an E-Verify? registered Employer.
E-Verify? is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security