Great taste takes more than great ingredients. That's why we go above and beyond. Every day.
Tastepoint is the newest name in taste, backed by more than a century of experience. We are fueled by passion and enhanced by the technology and insights of IFF. Our purpose is to be the spark that advances our customers. We're an agile, energetic product development partner with a fresh perspective. Tastepoint captures the essence of our customers' ideas, and the imagination of their consumers. Together, we'll create a fresh take on taste. We solve customer challenges and craft consumer delight.
Your mission at Tastepoint as part of the Creation and Application team will be to take ownership of projects that demonstrate our flavors in high quality commercially scalable flavor applications in the Savory Category. The formulation of finished prototypes should take into account market knowledge, regulatory guidelines, cost parameters, processing requirements and other specifications as outlined in customer brief. You will be responsible for developing new product formula, applying flavors in base and producing prototypes in the laboratory and pilot plant, and shall confer with Sales Team, Marketing and Flavorists on projects to meet customer's needs.
To perform these various job functions, the incumbent must stay abreast of industry trends, food ingredients, and developing technologies in the food industry; demonstrate understanding of product development, processes, ingredient reactions and flavor technologies; ability to present demonstrations of products and power point presentations; ability to travel to customer locally and abroad to present demonstrations; able to travel for outside training whether locally, or internationally; must be capable of working in a lab environment with known food allergens and operate ovens, mixers and various other equipment with moving parts and heat elements; and must be able to drive and pick up groceries/ingredients for testing/application purposes when needed.
* A scientific degree is required, four year in Food Science or a related science (Chemistry, Biology)
* You must have a demonstrated ability to use physical senses to evaluate a full variety of raw materials, flavors and market products
* Having flexibility to perform various duties, meet deadlines and multitask will be a valuable tool in this position.
* Excellent communication skills will always be a key competency within our organization
How you will spend your time....
* Manage customer briefs to address business opportunities as outlined in CURE project brief
* Participate in the selling team providing demonstrated value and build relationships as needed, both internally and externally
* Contribute to a team approach in project management, taking leadership as needed, and supporting others when needed, maintaining good relationships across all disciplines
* Contribute to the growth of our business, taking a creative and strategic approach to brief execution and contributing to brainstorming sessions and account strategy planning as needed
* Communicate with customers as needed, provide documents to support project work and represent Tastepoint at the client as needed
* Develop commercially scalable prototype formulas with profit and stability in mind
* Utilize food processing equipment to test and optimize flavors in finished products.
* Make flavor selections and adjust flavor levels in application for optimal performance and demonstration to client
* Adhere to agreed upon timelines; Outline and plan projects, obtaining all materials needed to meet project deadlines
* Maintain and communicate knowledge of products and technologies
* Build and maintain a library of application specific flavors for efficient sampling and brief execution.
* Demonstrate proficient use of company software
* Maintain a clean and efficient laboratory workspace, adhering to HACCP procedures
* Maintain an up-to-date inventory of flavors and ingredients for use in project work
* Maintain written records of applications formulas and procedures in notebook
* Maintain accurate and retrievable records of all formulas sent to clients in central database
* Strive to be up to date in technical developments related to application areas of expertise through vendor contacts, technical literature and industry networking
* Participate in tasting sessions and strive to develop expertise and proficiency in the organoleptic evaluation of flavors
* All of our team members are expected to demonstrate professional behaviors and practices of cooperation, collaboration and teamwork.
* Perform other projects/duties as assigned, including assignment to specific product lines as necessary.
* Ability to read, write and communicate the English language
To perform these various job functions, stay abreast of industry trends, food ingredients, and developing technologies in the food industry; demonstrate understanding of product development, processes, ingredient reactions and flavor technologies; ability to present demonstrations of products and power point presentations; ability to travel to customer locally and abroad to present demonstrations; able to travel for outside training whether locally, or internationally; must be capable of working in a lab environment with known food allergens and operate ovens, mixers and various other equipment with moving parts and heat elements; and must be able to drive and pick up groceries/ingredients for testing/application purposes when needed.
* Demonstrated ability in organoleptic evaluation of flavors and products
* Ability to taste complete range of food products (no allergies, food aversions)
* Flexible to perform various job duties, work with others on a team, work flexible hours when needed, travel to customers periodically as needed
* Ability to anticipate customer need and demonstrate exceptional service
* Demonstrate computer skills, project management, time management, interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationship within team and externally with customers and vendors
* Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect valid data, ask open ended questions to determine facts and draw valid conclusions
* Possess proficient computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
* Possess demonstrated working knowledge of SSOPs, HACCP and GMP/GLP's.
* Dexterity to work with fingers and hands to operate equipment, handle chemicals, food ingredients, and equipment.
* Ability to wear all safety personal protective equipment.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant restaurant manager, day manager, director, director food and beverage, general manager, gm, operations, produce manager, shift manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.