Great taste takes more than great ingredients. That's why we go above and beyond. Every day.
Tastepoint is the newest name in taste, backed by more than a century of experience. We are fueled by passion and enhanced by the technology and insights of IFF. Our purpose is to be the spark that advances our customers. We're an agile, energetic product development partner with a fresh perspective. Tastepoint captures the essence of our customers' ideas, and the imagination of their consumers. Together, we'll create a fresh take on taste. We solve customer challenges and craft consumer delight.
In this position you will have the opportunity to create and contribute to the formulation and development for some of the most exciting projects in the flavor and beverage industry. In this role, you will need to work independently, and as a team member on all brief types, working closely with sales on a regional level to drive creation & modification of winning flavors. We welcome all Flavorist category experience but the current focus is on the Beverage Category
Duties, Expectations and Key Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates creation leadership potential through commercial projects & their execution
* Creates flavors to fill gaps in the Flavor bank
* Provides flavorist input into category initiatives & Platforms of Excellence
* Actively assists operations to solve raw materials & manufacturing problems
* Expert in raw materials & flavor creation techniques
* Competent in flavor creation for specific technologies / delivery systems
* Proactively evaluates & determines added value of new & unique materials
* Increases own knowledge including - actively reading flavor chemistry literature
* Mentor junior flavorist in specific technical areas / project exposure
* Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
* Acts with customers in mind
* Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers to gain their trust and respect
* Four Year Degree/ (BS/BA in biological, chemical science or food science) is required.
* Flavorist would have a Minimum of 5 years of experience in the flavor industry creative function.
* Sr. Flavorist would have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the flavor industry creative function.
* Completed qualifying Flavorist training Program and/or proven track record at equivalent level
* Fluent in English. Additional languages highly desirable.
* Excellent communication, computer and math skills.