Responsible for providing quality guest service as it pertains to checking in/out of hotel guests; to include mail/message service; taking hotel reservations; and concierge services in a gracious and professional manner. Demands accuracy with daily accounting procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
* Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
* Honesty & Integrity.
* To be mindful of the importance of personal hygiene and grooming.
* Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
* Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
* Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a confident, professional, and friendly manner.
* Initiate call back after check-in to ensure guest is satisfied with accommodations as well as offer any assistance.
* Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
* Call back and follow up with guest on any requests that come through the front desk to ensure that they are satisfied.
* Provide gracious and efficient telephone service as it relates to general PBX services. Calls should be answered promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
* Review arrivals noting special requests and blocking rooms as necessary for VIP's and group arrivals.
* Complete all items as listed on shift checklists.
* Ensure proper credit card procedures are followed based on PCI compliance guidelines.
* Adhere to all cashiering procedures: open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card, and check transactions during a given shift.
* Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
* All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
* Hotel history and neighborhood knowledge
* All room types, numbers, layout, d?cor, appointments and location.
* All room rates, special packages and promotions.
* Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
* Room availability status for any given day.
* Schedule daily group activities.
* Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them and hand them to the guest if they come directly to the front desk.
* Communicate service and amenities of the hotel to guests.
* Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
* Input, update and maintain guest profile and history which includes but not limited to guest preferences and alerts.
* Input work orders in HotSOS when the requests come directly to the front desk.
* Flexibility to carry out job responsibilities of other positions within the front office, such as PBX operator, bell person, and door person, upon request by the manager.
* Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly. All guest issues should be communicated to a manager, and immediately logged.
* Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave messages.
* Accept and record wake-up call requests.
* Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity deliver) immediately, and follow-up with relative departments after completion.
* Meet with departing Front Desk Host to review business status, log-book and follow-up items.
* Provide Concierge service - fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities when necessary.
* Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
* Adhere to the Thompson Hotels standards including Forbes 5-star standards.
* Provide efficient service via Trustyou to ensure all guest communication is responded to promptly, and in a professional manner.
* Any additional duties as directed by management.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
You're more than welcome.
* Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
* Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
* Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
* Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
* Ability to work flexible schedule (AM, PM, Overnight, Weekends & Holidays)
* High school graduate.
* Previous hotel experience.
* Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
* Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
* Previous guest relations training
* Previous experience with automated property management system
Essential Physical Abilities:
* Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as removing guest luggage to/from all types of vehicles and guest rooms.
* Ability to grasp, push or pull heavy loads, and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage weighing up to 75 lbs. continuously throughout shift.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
* Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...