At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Director of Engineering and Security is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. The engineer must be able to work independently, as well as, with others. Responsibilities may include: maintaining the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas, maintaining all equipment in guest rooms, conducting monthly safety inspections and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures, and working with vendors. The Director of Engineering must be willing to respond to emergencies, and work with corporate maintenance on special remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs. This position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage.
* Review contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with vendors, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
* Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
* Opening Properties: Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
* Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer
* Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
* Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
* Develop and implement quality control programs
* Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
* Capable of working with building code officials, planning/zoning officials and community design committees when required
* Experience in managing utility systems
* Prior equipment specifying and purchasing experience preferred
* Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
* Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Wall Street style, meets the cool and convenience of Lower Manhattan at Andaz Wall Street.
Andaz Wall Street is honored to be recognized:
2019- 2011 Best Hotels New York City - U.S. News & World Report
2019 - 2015 Forbes Travel Guide Recommended New York City Hotel
2018 - 2016 AAA Four-Diamond Award
2018 - 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner
2018 Guest Review Award - Booking.com
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
* Complimentary and discount room stays at other Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
* An extensive global network of advancement opportunities
* Competitive medical, dental and vision options
* Pre-tax commuter benefit
* 401k Retirement
* Fitness, mobile service and various other discounts are available to Team members
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
* 6 years or more of progressive hotel or building management experience (typically with Hyatt)
* With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
* Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
* At least 6 years experience in a senior role within facility management
* Proven leadership skills
* Engineering/Facility Management degree preferred
* Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
* Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Associated topics: associate director, controller, director, general manager, general operational manager, manage, operation, supervise, supply, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...