HHS Main Summary:
HHS is one of the largest privately owned support service providers in the United States. We were founded in 1975, and started out by providing one hospital in Texas with housekeeping services. Since then, our company has grown in every way possible. Today, we employ more than 16,000 people in more than 30 states, as well as internationally, and provide a wide range of services in the healthcare, resort, senior living, government, and aviation industries. As a growing company, we are always looking for dedicated and quality-driven people who are ready to grow alongside us. To learn more about who we are and the services we provide, visit hhs1.com.
HHS Culinary Services
HHS Culinary began as a solution for HHS partners seeking restaurant-quality dining programs in the healthcare setting. We understand the critical role nourishment plays in the healing process, and we pride ourselves on our ability to develop unique, locally-sourced, regionally appropriate menus for each partner we serve-healthy menus that entice patients, guests and team members alike, and help support the healing process.
* Take a hospitality-focused approach to everything they do
* Have a positive and proactive attitude
* Be engaged with hospital leaders and behave as a member of their team
* Strive to motivate and encourage team members each and every day
* Strive to embody our company-wide commitment to service excellence
* Identify potential problems and address them head on
* Lead by example; we do \"above and beyond\" every single day
General Summary: Responsible for creating, implementing, training and monitoring nutritional programs to meet the regulatory requirements of healthcare clients. Develops, implements, coaches and measures successful patient service programs to exceed the satisfaction goals of our clients. Director will also be responsible for menu, budgets, staffing, safety, lead the department and set the example for all Food and Nutrition Services employees. Director will be involve in meetings regularly and maintain professional relationship with clients.
Direct Food and Nutrition Services
* Develop programs based on Joint Commission regulations and customize to facility needs
* Work in conjunction with Corporate Dietitian for menu modifications
* Work in conjunction with Executive Chef on menu development, recipe execution and production of highest quality food for patients and retail customers
* Develop and implement purchasing standards
* Develop and implement HACCP standards to be compliant with federal, state, and local agency regulatory
Training, Monitoring, Hiring Staff
* Conduct ongoing training for dietetic staff and provide educational opportunities for professional development
* Monitor implementation and account dietitians for Joint Commission compliance
* Conduct annual staff evaluation according to procedures and within timeframe
* Maintain and enforce disciplinary policy and follows through on procedures
* Complete work schedule to ensure adequate coverage for all FANS functions
* Develop and monitor evaluation processes for patient satisfaction
* Ensure processes are followed, initiate performance improvements within trouble areas
Development and Guidance
* Develop training tools for clinical staff
* Guide clinical team in patient satisfaction
* Implement and maintain the Ambassador Programs
* Continually nurture client relationship through excellent communication, integrity and performance
* Meet with client regularly to ensure expectations/goals and action plans are met
* Submit all required documentations, reports, financial statement
Minimum Education 2 yr College degree required, 4 yr College degree preferred
Minimum Experience 5 years of Operations experience of which at least 3 must be at management
Prefer prior experience in a hospital
Required Certification Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Food Service Management
Required Licensure Food Service Manager's Certification/Servesafe
Skills Required Oral, written, interpersonal, problem solving, customer service and computer
* Experience managing 10 or more employees
* Bi-lingual (a plus)
* Relocation flexibility
* CDM certification preferred.
Benefits and Compensation
Our company is a great place to work; we offer paid vacations, paid sick days, full benefits, exceptional compensation packages, and the opportunity for advancement. Increasing compensation and advancing your career will only be limited by your performance. Regardless of your starting point with Culinary and Nutrition Solutions, our history has proven that most salaried team members can double their base compensation within 5 years of their start date.
We give you the tools you need to grow, and YOU control your destiny!
Click APPLY and come join OUR TEAM!
The Essential Functions Test (EFT)
* At HHS, we know that people drive our success. We need team members with a positive attitude who are committed to teamwork, compassionate patient care, and top-notch quality service. What's more, we need team members who can perform the essential physical functions of the job.
* To make sure our team members can in fact perform those functions specifically related to their job duties with HHS, they must PASS 100% of the HHS Essential Functions Test (EFT). During the EFT, individuals will be expected to perform a series of controlled lifts and movements that replicate the tasks performed as part of their employment.
* The EFT helps HHS determine whether potential team members have the physical abilities required to perform their job.
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative staff, administrative support, assistant, beverage, chief operations officer, food, operation, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...