- Hamilton Lane Incorporated
1103 Market St
Hamilton Lane is looking to expand their team to satisfy the needs of our growing client base. Hamilton Lane is built on collaboration, teamwork and integrity. Our employees pursue excellence and always strive to do the right thing. We invest in our employees, clients and partner relationships, as well as, in the technology and resources necessary to remain competitive, working in a competitive environment that inspires innovation.
To satisfy the needs of our growing client base, Hamilton Lane is looking to hire a Manager of Operational Due Diligence to join our Operational Due Diligence team in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
The Operational Due Diligence team within the Risk Management group is responsible for performing operational due diligence reviews on private equity managers. This individual will work closely with the Fund Investment Team to perform detailed operational reviews on prospective and existing manager relationships. This individual will play an integral role in ongoing due diligence oversight and monitoring of investments. This individual will be instrumental in helping to enhance the group's various approaches to assess and monitor operational risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform initial and ongoing operational due diligence reviews related to private equity investments
* Preparing for and conducting in-depth, on-site due diligence meetings with senior management (i.e. CFOs, COOs, CCOs, as well as other support staff) to establish facts pertaining to business and operational risk
* Evaluate the overall quality of systems, controls, infrastructure and personnel in order to identify issues relevant to the overall investment decision
* Prepare detailed reports containing comprehensive information and analysis related to the operational environment of potential investments
* Coordinate and review background investigations of senior management of potential and existing investment advisors
* Supporting general business development activities, as requested, particularly with respect to information on operational due diligence
* Keeping abreast of market developments, industry trends and regulatory matters that could impact private equity managers
* Developing market intelligence and industry best practice by liaising with fund managers, fund administrators, and external auditors to identify possible process enhancements
* Work within a team structure to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of operational due diligence reports
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS; Education and/or Experience:
* Minimum of 3 years direct operational due diligence in the alternative investment industry and preferably 1 year leading operational due diligence meetings with investment managers
* Bachelor's Degree
* CPA, CAIA, or CFA desired
* Knowledge of the private equity industry
* Background analyzing the operational risks within private equity funds or other relevant background e.g. Big 4 audit firm with a focus on asset management clients
* Dynamic, smart, hard-working, self-starter attributes and an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally
* Familiarity with back office operations and systems
* Understanding of risk management methodologies
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Must be detail oriented, organized and possess strong analytical skills with an interest and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Other Requirements /Functions:
* Assist with other duties and special projects as needed
* Must be able to operate in a high pressure environment
* Flexibility to travel up to 25%
We offer a competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Health Club Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Hamilton Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition. As a registered investment adviser, employees of Hamilton Lane may be subject to certain limitations on political contribution and personal investment activities.
Please note that in the event that you are hired by Hamilton Lane, you, your spouse or any other dependent family member living in your household will need to comply with Hamilton Lane's Personal Securities Transactions Policy and the trade pre-clearance process per Hamilton Lane's Code of Ethics. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your household members are able to comply with this policy. Examples of the restrictions that could be placed on your activities include, but are not limited to, a requirement to pre-clear all transactions prior to execution, the inability to transact in certain securities or classes of securities and other restrictions. A copy of our Code of Ethics is available upon request. Please note that having a personal trading account will not prohibit you from being employed by Hamilton Lane.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...