- Hamilton Lane Incorporated
1103 Market St
Hamilton Lane is looking to expand their team to satisfy the needs of our growing client base. Hamilton Lane is built on collaboration, teamwork and integrity. Our employees pursue excellence and always strive to do the right thing. We invest in our employees, clients and partner relationships, as well as, in the technology and resources necessary to remain competitive, working in a competitive environment that inspires innovation.
To satisfy the needs of our growing client base and evolving business lines, Hamilton Lane is looking to hire a Fund Tax, Vice President to join our Fund Accounting team in our headquarter office in Philadelphia.
* Coordination and oversight of third party tax service providers utilized by the funds
* Review of tax return compliance provided by tax service providers, including manage timely completion of tax returns, K-1 delivery and responses to tax notices
* Manage tax calendars to ensure tax return compliance is timely filed
* Act as tax liaison with outside tax advisors, consultants, auditors, and fund administrators
* Assist with determining state withholding/composite return elections
* Maintain compliance of internal controls over tax processes and documentation
* Prepare/review ASC 740 analysis and tax disclosures for financial statements
* Perform tax research, advice and analysis for current and potential products including keeping appraised of developments and industry issues; draft tax position memos as needed
* Coordinate with internal/external departments to ensure that tax issues, positions, policies and guidelines are documented and implemented correctly and consistently across all funds
* Keep current on emerging tax issues that impact the funds, actively participate in the industry
* Confirm timely filing of entity classifications as needed
* Support investment/legal teams in developing tax efficient investing solutions for the funds and in determining tax consequences related to potential investments
* Assist third party service provider with FATCA and CRS tax compliance
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent required
* Certification as a CPA preferred, Master in Tax a plus but not required
* Minimum 8 years of related fund tax accounting experience including managing staff and interacting with outside service providers
* Experience with reviewing partnership agreements, carried interest calculations, foreign blocker entities, Forms: 1120-F, 926, 8621, 8858, 5471, 1042, 1042-S, 8804, 8805
* Strong working knowledge of the private investment fund industry and technical experience including: closed end fund Limited Partnership Agreements, tax allocations and carried interest provisions, federal withholding rules, state and local compliance, and international provisions inclusive of CFC / PFIC rules and foreign filings
* Motivated, team oriented self-starter who desires a broad range of tax issues and has the ability to work effectively and efficiently in an environment with all levels of personnel, adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
* Willingness to be hands-on as well as a desire to manage special projects
* Excellent oral and written communications, analytical and organizational skills are required
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of ASC Topic 740, in particular related to investment vehicles
We offer a competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Health Club Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Hamilton Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition. As a registered investment adviser, employees of Hamilton Lane may be subject to certain limitations on political contribution and personal investment activities.
Please note that in the event that you are hired by Hamilton Lane, you, your spouse or any other dependent family member living in your household will need to comply with Hamilton Lane's Personal Securities Transactions Policy and the trade pre-clearance process per Hamilton Lane's Code of Ethics. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and your household members are able to comply with this policy. Examples of the restrictions that could be placed on your activities include, but are not limited to, a requirement to pre-clear all transactions prior to execution, the inability to transact in certain securities or classes of securities and other restrictions. A copy of our Code of Ethics is available upon request. Please note that having a personal trading account will not prohibit you from being employed by Hamilton Lane.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...