Family services development VISTA members research and implement plans for homeowner family recruitment, tracking, scheduling and support with the goal of improving the overall experience for participants. As a family services development VISTA, you might design a user-friendly application process or create a comprehensive homeowner education curriculum that supports and prepares families for homeownership. In addition, you may develop a plan to engage the veteran and military community to educate them about Habitat's mission and the various housing solutions provided. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to build relationships with local non-profit organization, employers, community centers and faith communities to recruit a diverse base of qualified applicants.
* 18 years of age or older
* U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet host site's insurance requirements
* Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong research skills
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Experience working as a member of a team
* Project management experience
* Marketing experience
Benefits of Service:
* Living allowance of $14,136.45 (paid over 1 year of full-time service) ? determined by geographic area
* Education award of $6,095 or end-of-service stipend of $1,800
* Possible forbearance of qualified student loans
* Healthcare allowance available to cover out-of-pocket costs or eligibility for enrollment in a health benefit plan
* Personal and sick days ? approximately 10 days total
* Workers' compensation
* Child care benefits, if you qualify
* Member Assistance Program, which offers services such as counseling and financial planning resources
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia is located in the heart of where our country was founded. The region is rich in cultural and ethnic diversity. Philadelphia is an ideal location to take advantage of all the area has to offer, including both urban activities and natural retreats. Visit the Liberty Bell and countless historical sites, stroll around the vibrant and varied neighborhoods, take a day-trip to the beach, enjoy lively restaurants and cafes, bike through Fairmount Park - the possibilities are limitless. Philadelphia has something to offer everyone. As Philadelphia rapidly grows and develops, Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia's work to preserve the rich fabric of our neighborhoods becomes increasingly important. We work to maintain homeownership opportunities and improve the quality of life for individuals and families through new home construction, home rehabilitations, home repairs, and various community projects. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia's continuing growth as we strive to meet the need for affordable homeownership and repair opportunities in Philadelphia. AmeriCorps members contribute a year of service, and in return receive a modest living stipend, a basic health insurance plan, an education award, job training, and personal and professional growth opportunities. You will leave your year of service not only with new transferable skills, but also with a sense of community that comes with no other employment opportunity. Please visit our website.
What's needed to apply?
* Resume (tell us about your experience)
* Motivation Statement (express why you want to serve) ? input in \"Cover Letter\" section
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.