Construction crew leaders play an integral part in building and repairing more homes, leading to better neighborhoods and communities. As a construction crew leader, you will lead and develop groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities all while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment. Using volunteer management techniques, you will manage volunteers and homeowner families as they assist in the building of new homes and/or repairing existing homes or completing weatherization projects. Together, you will perform hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
Please Note: while construction experience is helpful, it is not required.
* 18 years of age or older
* U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
* High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet host site's insurance requirements
* Previous experience with a residential homebuilder or a construction AmeriCorps member
* Experience with power tools
* Ability to drive large pick-up trucks (or willingness to learn)
* Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation
* Experience working as a member of a larger team
* Knowledge of community development practices
* Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
Benefits of Service:
* Living allowance minimum of $13,992 for a full 46? weeks of service
* Segal Education Award of $6,095 (upon successful completion of service) ? lifetime maximum of 2
* Affordable Care Act-compliant health plan.
* Personal and sick days ? approximately 10 days total.
* Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
* Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
* Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
* Member Assistance Program (MAP) ? offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia is located in the heart of where our country was founded. The region is rich in cultural and ethnic diversity. Philadelphia is an ideal location to take advantage of all the area has to offer, including both urban activities and natural retreats. Visit the Liberty Bell and countless historical sites, stroll around the vibrant and varied neighborhoods, take a day-trip to the beach, enjoy lively restaurants and cafes, bike through Fairmount Park - the possibilities are limitless. Philadelphia has something to offer everyone. As Philadelphia rapidly grows and develops, Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia's work to preserve the rich fabric of our neighborhoods becomes increasingly important. We work to maintain homeownership opportunities and improve the quality of life for individuals and families through new home construction, home rehabilitations, home repairs, and various community projects. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia's continuing growth as we strive to meet the need for affordable homeownership and repair opportunities in Philadelphia. AmeriCorps members contribute a year of service, and in return receive a modest living stipend, a basic health insurance plan, an education award, job training, and personal and professional growth opportunities. You will leave your year of service not only with new transferable skills, but also with a sense of community that comes with no other employment opportunity. Please visit our website.
What's needed to apply?
* Resume (tell us about your experience)
* Motivation Statement (express why you want to serve) ? input in \"Cover Letter\" section
Associated topics: estate, event, house chef, house manager, institute, live, personal cook, private, road, traveling
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.