- Gerber Scientific
1103 Market St
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
We currently have an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to diagnose and repair hardware malfunctions on all Gerber products both on-site and by telephone, as required. Working in service of our customers, you will perform preventative maintenance on customer systems, provide diagnostics and repair of hardware malfunctions, provide pre-installation guidance to customers on system requirements and physical layout, as well as new system and system upgrade installation.
This is a home-based position to support Gerber customers in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.
We are seeking an independent and responsible individual who strives to provide an excellent customer experience.
* You must maintain and submit accurate records of test reports, installations, time, resource related billing (RRB) and expense reports, ensure service fail-safe procedures are met and that defective and good parts are returned to the distribution center in line with service policy and procedure.
* You must sustain competitive skills on assigned products with respect to troubleshooting, repair and maintenance techniques and provide back-up site support as directed by management.
* You will also be expected to perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
The ideal candidate must possess high-energy and self-motivation on a daily basis.
* 2-5 years of experience in on-site customer service maintenance with emphasis on computer related devices and mechanical devices.
* Associate's degree, military school or equivalent
* Must have a valid and current driver's license.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and strict attention to detail in all maintenance operations is required.
* Candidate will travel mostly throughout the New York Burroughs area in this position. Familiarity with local travel (mass transit) within NYC and the metro area a plus
* Computer skills required: Microsoft Office - advanced, Internet - advanced, Knowledge of SAP is advantage
Gerber Technology and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Associated topics: customer service, diagnose, equipment, field service technician, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, malfunction, mechanical, repair
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...