POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the planning and developing of operational and financial audits of the Company's financial departments and operating business units. This individual determines the adequacy of corporate policies and procedures and the degree of adherence of these or sound business practices where no policies and procedures exist.
1. Assist the Vice President of Internal Audit in developing the annual Internal Audit Operating Plan.
2. Participate with senior management in the establishment or revision of internal control procedures to ensure that adequate protection of Company assets is being maintained.
3. Completes regulatory compliance audits to ensure that functional activities are conducted in accordance with Company plans, policies, procedures and applicable Federal and State regulations.
4. Direct and supervise Internal Staff Auditors in the discharge of assigned tasks and further develop staff by giving them broad Company exposure and departmental training.
5. Assist senior management in the development of new financial/accounting systems and/or financial system conversion plans.
6. Perform special projects and analyses as directed by the Audit Committee, Executive Management and the Vice President of Internal Audit.
7. Direct the preparation of reports of audit findings and recommendations so that responsible management may evaluate the functions and business units audited and take appropriate action. Present reports to the Vice President of Internal Audit for review prior to release and conduct correspondence for clarification, negotiation, and follow-up as may be requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. The Director, Internal Audit must be a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, economics or finance. The Candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in public accounting or healthcare. A CPA or CIA certificate is preferable
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 308172
Center Name: Genesis HealthCare
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.