Friend MTS are the Emmy award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry. Specialising in video security, we provide integrated technology products and security services to a global client base. That client base includes many of the world's largest pay-TV broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners ranging from television and movie producers to the world's most prestigious sports leagues and event operators.
In a sentence...
We are seeking an experienced Pre-Sales Consultant / Sales Engineer to work hand-in-hand with the US Commercial Team supporting the sale of our award winning video security technology and services to pay-TV operators, broadcasters, OTT platforms and content rights holders in the Americas.
What will your job look like?
This role reports to the Operations Director, and is based in our Philadelphia office.
The Pre-Sales Consultant / Sales Engineer will work as part of the Friend MTS Professional Services Group working in unison with the US Commercial Team in a technical and commercial pre-sales capacity.
You will be excellent with customers and have the creativity to quickly understand need and translate them into a compelling technical journey.
You will have experience of leading complex projects, all the time striving for simplicity.
You will have the tenacity to take a customer end to end through the POC stage to final sale.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and will have spent a portion of their career in a technical delivery role, but will have decided that they prefer working in a commercial and/or business development capacity. They will have strong domain expertise and will be subject matter experts in one or more related fields.
You will have extensive commercial experience in pre-sales of technical products and integrated solutions, preferably in the areas of content security in both the OTT and broadcast industries. The ability to enthusiastically collaborate with internal Commercial, Finance, Marketing and Engineering teams to tailor solutions for specific client needs is essential.
Key daily tasks involve
* Participating in calls / meetings with prospective clients in support of the US Commercial Team.
* Participate as a member of the sales team as a subject matter expert (SME), so that technical aspects related to the solution are explained and taken into account.
* Take a lead role (\"Bid Manager\") working closely with the Commercial Team to produce detailed proposals and RFI / RFP responses.
* Work closely with the Commercial and Finance Teams in order to develop appropriate pricing structures and commercial offers.
* Generate additional business opportunities where possible in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
* Analyse complex customer requirements and propose technical solutions, working collaboratively with the Engineering Team and Professional Services Group on feature requests and bespoke client requirements.
* Work efficiently with internal teams and prospects to ensure that the company continues to develop and deliver market competitive solutions.
What do you need?
* At least 5 years experience in a pre-sales consultancy / sales engineering, customer-facing / professional services role.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in any field with demonstrated achievement; engineering or computer science related preferred.
* Commercially focussed with sound business acumen, understanding the technical complexities that drive businesses.
* Strong understanding of online video streaming systems and OTT video delivery for both live and non-live content types, DRM schemes, content management systems (CMS) and other back-end platform components, encoding products and CDN delivery, and player technologies / OTT platforms including HTML5 / MSE / EME, Apple TV, Roku, Android, iOS, games consoles and smart TVs etc.
* Strong understanding of the technologies involved in the broadcast television and IPTV industries, with a particular focus on set-top box (STB) technologies, middleware / STB software stacks and CA/DRM systems.
* A consultative mindset, with a win-win approach, able to cultivate and maintain customer relationships.
* Ability to take on a leadership role in a team environment under stressful situations. Ability to lead a program, project or management task as needed to resolve issues to deliver high quality solutions and meet tight deadlines.
* Innovative thinker/problem solver with strong critical thinking and analysis skills; ability to present information in a clear, succinct, and compelling way.
* Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to document and communicate technical concepts to a sometimes non-technical audience, in order to be able to participate and drive customer meetings.
* Fluency in additional languages, particularly Spanish or Portuguese, is an advantage.
Why work with us?
* You will work with a fast growing dynamic team, working closely with great technical and commercial colleagues.
* You will work at the cutting edge of a high growth industry with an opportunity to shape it.
* You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most well known sports and entertainment brands in the world.
* Very competitive salary amongst many other fantastic benefits.
If you are keen to work with the leading global provider of channel, content and platform protection services - get in touch today!
Apply for this job