Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
This position will be responsible for managing academic faculty and scientific staff appointments and promotions, and related faculty affairs for the Clinical Research Division (CRD), Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. In conjunction with CRD and Fred Hutch Leadership, coordinate external faculty searches, appointment processes for faculty, and assist with faculty reviews. This position will also steward faculty promotions, including scientific staff appointments and promotions, in cooperation with related faculty affairs staff in the UW Division of Medical Oncology, for those concurrent appointments and promotion processes for all CRD faculty with joint appointments. This position will report to the Practice Plan Administrator and work in close collaboration with the Division Director, Associate Division Director and Senior Operations Director.
* Implement faculty guidelines, rules, policies, and procedures consistent with Fred Hutch policies and in collaboration with other Fred Hutch departments and partners. * Plan annual, midterm, and 5-year faculty reviews according to review calendar and timelines in partnership with CRD Directors Office Administrative Manager. Provide direction to faculty for preparation of required materials. * Administer faculty promotions. Advise and support promotion committees; manage review process from initiation to final approval; provide direction to candidate on required materials; serve as liaison to other division(s) and the University of Washington, where applicable. * Support CRD A&P Committee. Work with leadership to develop monthly agenda, document meetings, follow up on action items, process scientific staff appointments. * Support faculty recruitment process. Advise and support search committees; serve as liaison with University of Washington, interact with HR on advertisement placements logistics; manage applicant materials; plan candidate visits as applicable; monitor recruitment committee activities and follow up on needed actions. * Coordinate faculty development and mentoring programs as directed. * Ensure that faculty CVs are current in relation to Research Administration guidelines * Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 5 years of relevant experience * Strong competency in Microsoft Office
* Experience working in an academic, clinical, or scientific environment preferred
* Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills * Ability to navigate complex organizations and systems * Maintain a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, and fine attention to detail * Manage and rank multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment while operating under strict time constraints * Impeccable record keeping, filing and organizational skills * Ability to manage relationships effectively and build collaborative bridges * Ability to learn and follow policies and procedures * Ability to draft clear written instructions and business memos * Highly developed project coordination skills * Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated * Motivated by challenge to solve problems and positively affect systems and people
Our Commitment to DiversityWe are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ...@fredhutch.org or by calling 206-###-####.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.