1103 Market St
PR?FTECHNIK is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our growing team. This position will support our service team in alignment and condition monitoring applications for industrial facilities in the United States, Mexico, Caribbean, and Canada.
Field Service Engineers have the opportunity to explore many industries as they work to increase the reliability and lifetime of industrial equipment and machinery. A Field Service Engineer will use PR?FTECHNIK's laser and PARALIGN measurement tools to gather information about the alignment of rotating equipment. The primary goal is to provide the client with accurate data that will allow adjustments to be made that can increase the reliability and lifetime of a machine. In order to do this one must develop an understanding of how the measurement tools work and how the machinery operates. Additionally, a field services engineer will work in an office environment to assist in the maintenance of calibration tools, provide customer support services, and support other engineering and technical staff.
* Develop understanding of alignment devices and become adept at using them
* Work with other field services engineers to measure, record, and analyze alignment data
* Understand function of machinery to obtain accurate results and determine a measurement reference
* Use software to prepare machinery misalignments reports for clients
* Communicate results to client and develop an alignment plan
* Confirm movements of machinery to determine if changes are within tolerance
* Prepare a document summarizing the alignment results and corrections
* Assist other engineers with projects involving assembly of measurement tools, testing of measurement tools, training, and design engineering
* Assist with technical support responsibilities and answer customer questions
* Prepare cables and vibration devices as needed
* Understand vibration software and use it to test devices
* Authorized to work in the United States
* Minimum 70% travel per year
* Mechanical and computer aptitude
* Maintain a current driver's license and safe driving record
* Must be able to life 60 lbs. Occasionally may be required to lift items weighing up to 90 lbs. Assistance should be provided for items weighing over 90 lbs.
* Position requires sitting, standing, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, kneeling, or squatting on a daily basis.
* Must be medically capable of performing all aspects of the job with the maximum amount of safety.
Must pass a company initiated back ground check, physical, drug test, and driving record review.
* Technical background
* Ability to use standard manual shop tools, e.g. wrenches, screwdrivers, hand drills, calipers, etc.
* Readiness for work in potentially non-climate controlled manufacturing environment
* Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote)
* Ability to rapidly learn how to use new software
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven work ethic with solid discipline
* Ability to travel and drive long distances
* Ability to work independently
* Engineering or technical degree
* OSHA training
* Experience with vibration analysis, shaft alignment, and/or machine surveying
* Familiar with PRUFTECHNIK products
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, customer service, diagnose, field service technician, machine maintenance, maintenance technician, malfunction, service technician, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...