Company OverviewFMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC. With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster \"The Right Chemistry\" in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you. Overview
The precision agriculture (PA) strategy for FMC is strengthen our core crop protection business by developing new, focused technological solutions and establishing partnerships that directly help growers. FMC's PA solutions will use data and smart technologies to make jobs on the farm easier, more efficient or more sustainable. The PA team is a global, centrally led organization with representation in each region where FMC does business. The PA team members work hand-in-hand with regional and commercial leadership, ensuring that solutions are aligned with regional needs while advancing the global strategy.
The Precision Agriculture Product Development Lead will drive a new PA solution from definition phase through commercialization, expected 12-18 months. After commercialization, the Lead will manage the product on an ongoing basis. The project will be operated in an agile manner, and the project lead should be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity. The project is intended to fast track a product idea to commercialization, with alpha and beta product releases during the development.
* Manage internal team comprised of IT, product management, regulatory, legal and others as needed
* Manage external team of developers, UI/UX, data scientists and industry experts
* Consistently evaluate project direction to ensure market differentiation and project return
* Report to PA leadership on project progress
* Interface with regional and functional leadership to ensure project buy-in and input
* Evaluate and recommend partners for technical capability needs as they arise (e.g. web hosting, data processing) in conjunction with FMC IT project lead
* Inform leadership on project structure and time-line
* Manage field visits to test product iterations
* Solicit and integrate grower / partner feedback
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* 10 years' demonstrated experience in developing and commercializing new products
* Experience building new technology offerings
* Experience managing complex projects
* Demonstrated ability to manage product development and commercialization, particularly with a product that has a technical or digital component
* Project management experience, technology / development projects a plus
* Creative thinker, with ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
* Ability to manage a project with an agile methodology
* Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive ? regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.