- Flowers Foods
1103 Market St
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Directs the operation of assigned line, including checking production schedules, assigning work tasks, monitoring procedures and schedules to ensure adherence to quality standards.
* Leads line production with a focus upon efficiency, scrap, and downtime to ensure order demand and production quality needs are met.
* Direct production employees to achieve scheduled production rates and efficiencies, quality standards, safe work practices, and sanitation objectives.
* Responsible for preparing accurate production reports both daily and periodically to validate production, quality, and cost records.
* Promotes positive interdepartmental communication and cooperation and interacts with other departments to achieve efficient operations and quality products.
* Plans and adjusts work assignments of employees to cover all phases of production.
* Ensures a safe working environment for all employees through enforcement of safety policies and procedures, including inspections and periodic safety meetings, etc.
* Develop, train, and lead employees in the proper and safe operation of equipment and monitor employee use of such equipment. Ensures employee knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all TBC policies and procedures.
* Responsible for maximizing manufacturing flexibility by cross-training and retraining employees and identify staffing needs to appropriately complete the production scheduling.
* Conducts meetings with employees to inform, communicate, listen, and react to suggestions and concerns.
* Promotes positive employee relations, as well as participates in investigations, grievances and/or disciplinary action process to coach employees on performance, attendance, and disciplinary matters.
* Performs additional duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as might be required.
SKILL, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Two or more years of supervisor experience in a production environment. Understanding of preventive maintenance concepts. Ability to apply team concepts to achieve team objectives. Interpersonal training and coaching experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated success managing in a union environment. Ability to represent the Department to various levels of management and employees in all types of situations. Strong sense of urgency. Ability to problem solve and analyze line operations with minimal guidance. Requires the ability to incorporate creative and innovative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently. Able to maintain a positive and composed attitude while performing within stressful situations and handling complex issues. Able to handle sensitive/confidential information. Must be a team player. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access preferred. Able to perform according to physical requirements. Able to work a flexible schedule and meet the demands of a 24 hour a day operation.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND/OR CONDITIONS RELATED TO PERFORMING THE FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Physical work requiring lifting to a maximum of 50 pounds*, as well as frequent standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, balancing and carrying. Exposure to repetitive tasks and motions. Occasionally exposed to dirty, dusty, and oily working conditions as well as inclement weather. (*For lifting over 50 lbs., you are required to get assistance.)
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 08/29/2019. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Christine Sophia Johnston at ...@FLOCORP.COM or 215 ###-####.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...