Regional Director of Operationsin Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our candidate will need to reside within the state of WI.
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the
operation of assigned facilities / communities in WI and one in MN. It
is the responsibility of this position to assure services that provide
the highest practical functioning of its residents, the families it
serves and the needs of the employees and the facility / community in
which it operates. The Regional Director of Operations is responsible
for the overall operation of the assigned facilities / communities
including service provision, financial, human resources, licensure
compliance and census development, while ensuring the assigned
facilities / communities comply with corporate policies and
* Establishes a community financial management system through: (a)
P&L reviews in collaboration with the Corporate Accounting
Manager; (b) accounts receivable reviews in discussion with the
Regional Financial Manager and (c) compliance reviews to assure
all business office policies and procedures are accurately
* Regularly reviews marketing plans with Administrator / Executive
Director and regional marketing staff to assure that services meet
the needs of the local community and financial and census targets
are achieved as budgeted.
* Ensures each community maintains substantial compliance with all
local, state and federal regulations to assure licensure, relevant
certifications, OSHA, Life Safety, ADA requirements, as applicable
to attain the highest external recognition for care and services
rendered in the community.
* Reviews and approves each community's annual operating budget and
capital expenditure plan as required by corporate policy and
obtains governing body approval.
* Recruit, hire, and training of Executive Directors and serving as
an ongoing resource for these key team members.
* Responsible to assure a Five Star approved performance
improvement program is implemented and maintained in each
* Responsible for the professional growth and improved management
skills of Executive Directors and community managers through
mentoring and training. Sets a good example and foster team spirit
between community and corporate staff.
* Develops and reviews monthly / quarterly plans for each community
to make sure progress is being made on initiatives not in
compliance with company policies and procedures or the community's
* Acts as temporary/interim Administrator / Executive Director as
needed, for vacancies that may occur in region.
* Visits community to ensure community staff, budget, marketing
plan, action plans and clinical issues are reviewed and are within
* Sets up and maintains an organized and effective communication
process between and among communities and between region,
communities and corporate, to allow for an open exchange of
issues, problem solving, peer discussions as well as general
* Responsible for all facets of the community s operations.
* Bachelor's Degree in business, health-related field or
hospitality; master's degree preferred.
* Demonstrated 5-10 years of healthcare management experience.
* Prior experience in a regional role within senior living and/or
with multiple building responsibilities is highly preferred.
* Experience in managing various disciplines while ensuring
adherence to federal, state and corporate standards is required.
* Experience in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and service
delivery a plus.
* Must hold or qualify for state license required to operate an
Assisted Living Community; Nursing Home or comparable service
* Active, valid driver's license required for extensive travel.
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living
provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the
highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of
home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division:
Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280
Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care,
Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and
Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30
states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to
maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services
to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five
Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and
Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up
to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program,
and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive
strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as
medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant
for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In
addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Loading some great jobs for you...