- FirstService Residential
- $87,890.00 -131,500.00/year*
1103 Market St
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,600 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService generates more than $2.3 billion in annual revenue and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
FirstService Residential is seeking a full time Building Engineer for a luxury residential high rise community in center city Philadelphia, PA
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for the overall maintenance and supervision of Association buildings to include all building systems, utilities, security, fire prevention, and interior/exterior appurtenances and all site improvements. Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of management and the association
* Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building(s).
* Supervises, trains and directs maintenance staff through work orders.
* Maintains all mechanical systems, to include heat, cooling, and ventilation.
* Performs seasonal operations, such as servicing of HVAC systems, boilers, etc as indicated on the preventive maintenance program
* Maintains all electrical systems, to include lighting, office equipment, and general Association requirements
* Maintains all plumbing systems. Learns the location of all riser shut off valves and formulates a written log of the location of each. Responsible for all shut downs
* Policing of building and property for debris, changing of light fixtures and bulbs, vacuuming of hallways, cleaning of compactor rooms, completion of daily work orders for work performed on common areas and in individual apartments, if required, and general care and upkeep of building.
* Maintains all fire protection and security systems, to include required maintenance, inspections, and documentation.
* Inspects all emergency equipment to ensure compliance
* Maintains all pavements, to include sidewalks, curbs, driveways, and parking areas, including snow and ice control.
* Maintains structural integrity of the building to include foundation, walls, and roof.
* Supervision of maintenance staff, including but not limited to: scheduling staff to ensure 7 day a week coverage of the building, scheduling off duty \"on-call\" time for those times the maintenance foreman is not available for emergency response.
* Prepare work schedules and assignments for staff. Supervise to ensure work is carried out and association policies are adhered to.
* Perform and/or assign work orders to ensure timely completion
* Ensures highly efficient safety program, with emphasis on awareness, discipline, and compliance. Overall safety program to conform with OSHA standards, applicable building safety manual, and other safety venues as deemed appropriate.
* Maintain ongoing communication with Management regarding all issues affecting the building.
* High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Technical background from university or vocational sources a plus.
* HVAC or other training or certification may be required
* Minimum 3 - 5years experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work
* Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry trades. Must be able to operate tools and equipment related to facility maintenance.
* Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Highly effective interpersonal skills and experience with managing staff a plus
* Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Associated topics: autocad, cad, civil structural engineer, construction, design engineer, designer, draw, material, stability, water resource
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...