The Janitor is responsible for the cleaning of and the maintenance within the terminal to ensure a clean and sanitary environment for customers and employees.
Follows posted janitorial cleaning schedule outlining areas and with what frequency they are to be cleaned. Shifts are assigned to various cleaning tasks to assure on-going cleaning throughout the 24 ?hour period.
* Follows posted instruction on use of various detergents and tools to be used to clean specific areas. Some tools are mechanical.
* Performs cleaning assignments at the same time daily, unless otherwise instructed.
* Cleans up spills promptly.
* Cleans driver's restrooms and lounge as needed, but no less than once daily.
* Keeps all storage closets/rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
* If applicable, cleans room and changes linens when a driver vacates his/her room in the driver's dormitory.
* Cleans outside terminal grounds as requested (i.e. pulls weeds, maintains grassy areas of sidewalks/parking lot).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone. Normal physical activity can be strenuous and may involve prolonged standing, walking, reaching, bending, and crouching. The employee must occasionally push, pull, and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds. Work requires spatial perception and finger and manual dexterity.
This job is exposed, on a daily basis, to temperatures and the handling of chemicals and cleaning agents on a daily basis. Work takes place both inside and outside the facility in both environments protected and non-protected from weather.
Associated topics: animal care, custodial, custodian, custody, house cleaner, janitor, janitorial, sanitation, sanitize, wash
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.