We would consider an applicant with experience that is not a Licensed Social Worker.
As part of a strong clinical care team, the primary purpose of the position is to assist in planning, and delivering on our facility's social service programs. Assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. This position reports to the Social Services Director/Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
* Assist the Social Service Director/Consultant in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing of the social service programs of this facility.
* Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services, as directed.
* Assist in obtaining resources from community social, health and welfare agencies to meet the needs of the resident.
* Assist in providing solutions for social and practical environmental problems including seeking financial assistance, discharge planning (including collaboration with community agencies) and referrals to other community agencies when specialized assistance is required.
* Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
* Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
* Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Director.
* Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs when possible.
* Assist in making appointments and arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
* Provide information to resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
* Compile information on discharge plans and present to appropriate committee as required.
* Work with the facility's consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
* Make routine visits to residents and provide services as necessary.
* Written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director concerning the operation of the social services department.
* Assist in the education of the community regarding aging, rights of residents, facility services and other related topics.
* Orient the resident to the long-term care environment and facilitate adjustment upon placement.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
* Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse
* Complying with all Resident's Rights and facility policies and procedures.
* Report suspected or known incidence of fraud relative to false billings, cost reports, kickbacks, etc.
* Degree in Social Work and Licensed Social Worker (LSW) within the state of Maine
* Good assessment, listening, and counseling skills.
* Organized and detailed in work performance.
* Excellent documentation skills; ability to write well to communicate patient care needs.
* Genuine caring for and interest in Residents of a nursing facility.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...