Cook / Cook Supervisor
Compensation: $26,610.00 - $35,610.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Our COOKs work with work with a busy Dietary Services team to prepare appetizing and healthful food based on the nutrition needs of our Residents. Our Cooks also provide supervision to our kitchen staff, ensuring each meal has appropriate staff support. Reports to Dietary Services Director.
* Prepare amazing meals for our Resident's each day; including prep, cooking, presentation, delivery, and clean-up.
* Meal preparation is in accordance with our new, up-scale menu and recipes
* Clean kitchen and other food-prep areas and stations as assigned.
* Work in conjunction with all departments in planning events that will require food service from the dietary department.
* Training staff according to all Federal and State of Maine standards.
* Properly train staff on all therapeutic diets and updated when a new diet is ordered.
* Collaborate with Licensed Dietician on menus
* Ensure that each resident receives a meal according to his/her therapeutic diets
* Evaluates and maintains equipment in the dietary department
* Attends all professional meetings within the facility
* Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of personnel
* Possess leadership ability and willingness to work with and supervise kitchen-based staff
* Ensure daily assignments are managed well in order to deliver each meal on time
* Maintain awareness of advances in Cooking and Dietary Services.
* Communicate effectively nursing staff
* Maintain skills in order to assist staff as necessary.
* Highly functioning reasoning skills, good judgment, and critical thinking skills.
* Communicate and participate as part of a high-functioning interdisciplinary team.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Education: Associate's degree preferred
* xperience: Two years related food service experience
* Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
* Solid computer skills - both personal computer and electronic medical record
Associated topics: appetizer, baking, cocinera de produccion, cocinero de la parrilla, food prep, food preparation, lunch, restaurant cook, salad, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...