As part of a high-functioning care team, the activities assistant helps to plan and organize activities that provide opportunities for entertainment, exercise, relaxation, and expression to our Residents. Our activities program fulfills basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs of our Residents.
Essential Job Functions:
Our employees are expected to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
* Assist the Activity Director in the planning, coordinating and encouragement of individual and group activities, both day and evening hours.
* Assist in maintaining the monthly calendar of planned activities.
* Encourage residents who are unable, or who choose not to leave their rooms, to participate in individual and group activities.
* Assist in the recruitment of volunteers from the community to assist with the program.
* Provide transportation for residents to facility planned, community based events.
* Assist with the coordination of church services.
* Encourage Resident participation in family, social, religious and community events as well as Resident's Council, unless medically contraindicated.
* Maintain records of resident activity participation and documents in our Electronic Medical Record.
* Assist residents with letter writing and telephone contacts as requested.
* Assist the Social Service Department and the Barber/Beauty Shop as needed.
* Conduct the Activity Programs; this may also mean conducting some evening programs.
* Assist in resident documentation.
* Assists the physically, emotionally, and cognitively impaired individual and family to explore appropriate avocation/leisure pursuits.
* Communicate with your Activity Director the supplies of equipment needed to satisfy the individual interests of the residents.
* High School Graduate or equivalent certification; CNA Certification desirable
* Experience working with geriatric population
* Current CPR Certification
* Computer Skills
* Valid Maine Driver's License; with clean driving record
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work independently, with flexibility, good judgment, and effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
* Strong desire to provide care to other people
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...