- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- $177,070.00 -177,070.00/year*
125 Janelle Blvd
Job Title:National Director, Integrated Delivery NetworksJob Description:
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with approximately 6,500 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, women's health (obstetrics/gynecology), orthopedics and Oncology. Ferring's US operations employ approximately 900 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
The National Director, Integrated Delivery Networks within Ferring actively and directly impacts the company's goal of sustaining profitable growth by overseeing the creation and execution of strategic business development plans for assigned Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) customers to achieve business and financial targets. Through a combination of effective account strategy and plan execution, and management of account executives the National Director, IDNs maximizes customer lifetime value of each assigned IDN. The National Director, IDNs focuses on ensuring trusted advisory relationships are built with senior IDN executives and key influencers that enable early identification of customer needs and insight into competitor activities while also effectively representing the whole of Ferring's capabilities in providing solutions to identified needs. Leveraging influence and business insight, the Director, IDNs orchestrates Ferring sales and account management activities to successfully gain a preferential contractual position for Ferring products. In addition, the Director, IDNs provides critical insight into product design and marketing effectiveness by engaging customer, competitor, and market information as input to the Business Units and strategic marketing.
The National Director, IDNs bears ultimate responsibility for overall strategic business development within IDNs, including building strong and enduring business relationships, achieving business and financial targets, and maximizing the customer lifetime value to Ferring. He/She also shares in responsibility of overall sales at IDNs by working with Bus in pulling through sales at affiliated clinics and inpatient sales
Develops and leads a team of highly independent, interdisciplinary professionals to ensure market access for Ferring portfolio within targeted IDN accounts
Ensures effective collaboration with Market Access Account Directors, Regional Sales Directors, field sales and internal functions to ensure market access and formulary placement, where appropriate
Identifies developmental needs of IDN Account Managers and works collaboratively with them to identify opportunities and resources to build necessary skills
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Engages selected strategic accounts representing the 'whole' of Ferring, and its differentiated value (beyond product)
Establishes sales goals and ensures team meets or exceeds them within assigned accounts
* Develops the format and process to create strategic engagement plans with IDN Account Managers
* Ensures engagement plans are effectively structured, conceptualized and executed with relevant field personnel to achieve sales goals and maximize lifetime customer value
Ensures translation of market intelligence into concrete and actionable plans, providing guidance and remedial action as necessary to ensure effectiveness
* Provides guidance to IDN Account Executives on how to communicate the dynamics of the IDN selling environment, formulary status (where applicable), and pull through campaign plans, economic influences, and physician prescribing habits
Establishes and oversees contract negotiation consistent with corporate policy and signing authority
* Builds/approves solid business case for contract, ensures contracts and rebates are reviewed for claim validity and that they create mutually beneficial business relationships
Develops, ensures implementation, and tracks progress of macro-level IDN strategy to ensure progress toward Ferring and customer lifetime value goals
* Oversees and directs the establishment and execution of plans to create mutually beneficial business relationships and ensure access for Ferring products
Ensures systematic gathering and dissemination of market intelligence to enable identification of market opportunities and threats
* Provides leadership and marketplace insight to Regional Sales Directors, field sales, and internal functions on key issues of national significance for IDN trends, the impact of the accounts that the team manages, and anticipated customer needs Ferring might be able to address with its product portfolio and/or value-added services
Builds Ferring's image as a leader in IDNs by engaging in promotional activities and by ensuring attendance at conventions, meetings and symposiums
Manages assigned budget to ensure effective allocation of dollars in support of activities that promote Ferring products and/or improve Ferring's positioning
Bachelor's degree Required. MBA, or relevant advanced degree, preferred.
* The National Director, IDNs position requires a track record of at least 7-10 years of successful sales and sales management experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or management of prominent multi-regional and national managed care accounts. The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong analytic skills, negotiation skills, financial business acumen, and the ability to successfully implement strategic programs. Must possess the ability to work within a matrix.
* Ability to partner with executives (CEO, COO, CMO, and Directors) of key accounts.
* Ability to focus attention on building and maintaining customer relationships to achieve success is critical.
* Strategic thinking, planning, communication, conflict management, and demonstrated ability to influence are also critical requirements. Qualified candidates will understand current issues regarding the healthcare industry, have the ability to discern trends, and make appropriate results based decisions.
* Candidates should also be solution oriented, demonstrate advanced problem solving skills and the ability to achieve results through others with and without a formalized supervisory role.
* Strong oral, written, and presentation skills, and competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* The position requires significant travel.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email ...@ferring.com
Associated topics: ad, analyst, business, donor, major gift, marketplace, newspaper, presale, public relations, stewardship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...