Any U.S. state license honored!
The picturesque Thousand Island region of upstate New York is surrounded by the Great Lakes, Adirondack Mountains, and Canada. The Black River has Class III and IV white water rafting from the Spring to the Fall. The region is an outdoor adventure from hiking to skiing.
It is a wonderful opportunity to work in a fantastic medical system serving an inspiring patient population. Come join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals! At FSR, you will be valued! Job
*Physician Assistant Job Overview:
- Perform medical examinations and treatment in the specialty of Family Practice and Orthopedics.
- Provide comprehensive and continuing medical care for patients from Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65)
Initiate requests for laboratory tests and x-rays, as appropriate. Follow-up of abnormal reports is the responsibility of the ordering physician.
- Prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations, and diagnosis. Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with GAHC and CTMC directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required.
- Initiate requests for tests and imaging as appropriate.
- Prescribe medications, as appropriate, and in accordance with the privileges, MTF rules, and regulations.
- Refer all requests for patient/MTF information that cannot be handled by clinic personnel to the Patient Administration Division.
- Perform a general physical examination
- Select the most appropriate diagnosis and treatment in cases of uncomplicated common illnesses and injuries.
- Plan and initiate proper treatment within the HCP's defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility
RequirementsPhysician Assistant Job Qualifications:
- Graduate: Physician Assistant educational program accredited by CAHEA on behalf of the AMA
- Two (2) years within the past five (5) years practicing family medicine or primary care, preferably in urgent care and/or family practice type setting with a focus on orthopedics
- Physician Assistant Certification by the NCCPA
- PA License - valid, unrestricted. any U.S. state or jurisdiction honored.
- DEA Certification
Come join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals! At FSR, you will be valued!
- Outpatient clinic
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Days only
- PTO + paid federal holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Benefit package
- malpractice insurance provided
Associated topics: assistant, assistant cvor, assistant psych, assistant surgery, assistant surgical, clinic, diagnostic, practice physician, urgent care, walk in