At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
What we do:
The mission of the Federal Reserve Bank of NY's Markets Group is to implement open market operations, monitor and analyze global financial market developments, execute lender of last resort operations for the Second district and collateral valuation services to the Federal Reserve System (FRS), provide infrastructure and financial services for foreign and international monetary authorities, and to provide capital market-related fiscal agency services to the U.S. Treasury.
The Business Technology Function (BT) within the Markets Group delivers technology services across the Group and works with technology service providers within FRBNY, the Federal Reserve's National IT and other external service providers to support the technical operations of Group's internal business lines as well as The U.S Treasury's Department of the Fiscal Service and Office of Debt Management
The Central Bank and International Account Services (CBIAS) Function uses a suite of business applications to provide financial services to foreign central banks and international monetary authorities. The CBIAS Settlement and Accounting Services Staff Unit within BT is responsible for maintaining these applications, ensuring their availability and stability during the production day, and reliably managing changes and incidents associated with these applications. To support these systems we are seeking an IT professional whose primary responsibilities will be providing technical support for these applications, in particular the applications and infrastructure used to communicate with the SWIFT network and route SWIFT messages to internal applications for downstream processing. Candidates must have a proven experience providing technical support for business applications and communications infrastructure components within large organizations.
Your role as Applications Support/SWIFT Dependent Operations:
* Collaborate with Federal Reserve System (FRS) IT engineers, FRBNY engineers, external vendor representatives and key business stakeholders in the planning and execution of software and hardware upgrades pursuant with each system's System Development Life System:
* Requirements validation and traceability
* documenting nonfunctional test plans and executing nonfunctional test scripts
* Execution of change control procedures
* Resolution and regression testing of failed scripts
* Assertion of completion
* Engage in incident management by providing support by analyzing, escalating communicating and working to resolve production problems and operational issues when they occur;
* Maintain, enhance and develop new documentation covering operational support procedures, trouble shooting guides, incident management plans and risk events;
* Ensure system resiliency and operational continuity by participating in the planning and execution of component and site failover tests conducted throughout the year;
* Interact with various auditing entities and information system security officers providing evidence of compliance to best practices, standards and governances adherent to government sponsored system;
* Develop technical expertise with the business applications and supporting infrastructure used to communicate with the SWIFT network as well as the routing and transformation of messages within the FRS platform.
* Seek out and implement improvement opportunities and operational efficiencies across the support lines;
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and/or - 7 years of experience in IT/Business analysis, or Operational Support or equivalent work experience
* Ability to facilitate discussion around complex issues and bring them to resolution by building consensus including proper escalation
* Excellent analytical problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills, with an ability to remain poised and make difficult decisions in a timely manner
* Ability to think clearly when confronted with critical production issues.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated initiative to increase knowledge and be self-directed as appropriate.
* Demonstrated sound logic and insights; is widely recognized as a leading subject matter expert in their support area.
* Proven ability to understand complex application architectures and business process flows facilitated by distributed web based applications residing on multi-tiered disparate networks infrastructures; Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly and train junior staff on the same
* Strong organizational, written, and communication skills
* Ability to make meaningful contributions to working groups composed of senior staff and leaders from the Bank as it relates to area of responsibility and contributing to similar efforts.
* Understanding of NIST- based security frameworks (or similar) and associated baseline security controls
* Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to support critical Production Operations
* Ability to interact with various levels of staff and management and maintain effective working relationships across multiple organizational entities
* Demonstrated experience supporting critical distributed systems in a correspondent banking environment. Technical experience would ideally include a technical background in:
* SWIFT communications and formats
* 2 factor authentication protocols using PKI & IBM's Security Access Manager (ISAM) or similar authentication platforms
* General experience working with IBM's WebSphere Application server and related messaging services
* General experience working with Oracle Databases, database objects including developing and executing SQL queries
This position requires access to confidential information, which is limited to \"Protected Individuals\" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic-all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank's diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.
Associated topics: analyse, examiner, financial analyst, financial analytic, forecasting, legal, market, monitor, refinement, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...