At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
The objective of the Strategic Planning Office (SPO) is to facilitate the setting of the Bank's medium-term strategic priorities and align the multi-year and annual planning and performance measurement processes to those priorities. The Strategy team within the SPO works closely with the First Vice President, Executive Committee, related subcommittees, and other stakeholders to facilitate the Bank's Planning and Evaluation processes, which include: (1) articulating the Bank's strategic priorities and objectives, (2) developing, monitoring and evaluating performance measures that enable the Bank to assess its progress towards meeting those objectives, and (3) developing valuable insights and analytics to support fact-based and strategically aligned decision-making. The Strategy team also supports the execution of key Bank initiatives through consultative and analytical support services.
We are looking for a Strategy Analyst with about 2-4 years of experience to provide analytical, coordination and other support to senior team members and other stakeholders, as needed, to advance the team's and Office's work.
* Support the development, execution, and evolution of frameworks, tools, programs and processes, and related training, to facilitate the Bank's strategic planning and evaluation cycle.
* Collect, analyze and synthesize information about the Bank, the Federal Reserve System, and the external environment to support the setting of the Bank's strategic objectives. [Environmental Scan, Strategy Formulation and Development]
* Collect, analyze and synthesize data and information on existing and proposed initiatives and projects across various dimensions to build and maintain the Bank's strategic portfolio. Identify and assess risks within and across portfolios and escalate as necessary. [Initiative Planning]
* Support the development of implementation plans for the Bank's strategic initiatives.
* Support the execution of quarterly monitoring processes to evaluate and report on the progress of the strategic portfolio against intended scope, schedule, and resource plans. Analyze and synthesize portfolio monitoring information to enable organizational learning. [Performance Reporting / Dashboards]
* Provide consultative, analytical, and project support to key Bank initiatives.
* Author clear and concise presentations and other communications to engage and align stakeholders.
* Build relationships and maintain effective communication and coordination within the department and throughout the Bank.
* Maintain a working knowledge of business area functions, their strategies, challenges, expected outcomes, and operations.
* Identify and implement operational improvements to enhance department performance, manage risk, and benchmark to industry best practices.
* Support Bank or Federal Reserve System meetings, tasks forces, workgroups, etc., pertaining to issues relevant to the SPO's work
* Undergraduate degree, with 2-4 years of relevant experience
* Excellent technical skills, including fluency in Microsoft suite of applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and proficiency using data visualization packages (e.g. Tableau)
* Strong analytical and translation skills, with demonstrated ability to quickly gather, analyze and synthesize information, and use it to enrich a topic, prove/disprove a hypothesis or otherwise articulate a narrative about a given matter or issue
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to express ideas in a clear, concise and compelling manner and tailor communications for different audiences
* Strong collaboration skills and customer-service orientation; demonstrated experience delivering successful outcomes on projects involving multiple stakeholders with differing / diverging interests highly desired
* Well-developed organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
* Good understanding of project / program management, or demonstrable capacity and interest to learn
* Natural curiosity and good business acumen, with the ability to see the big picture and connect the dots, leveraging information from disparate sources
* High energy, detail-oriented, and capable self-starter with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner as an individual and in a team environment
* Lateral thinking and creativity to scope a business problem and develop multiple, innovative viable methodologies for solving it
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic-all combined with a passion for public service.
Associated topics: business finance, business intelligence, examiner, forecasting, guidance, investment analytics, law, legal, market, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.