At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed.
The Department Head of Operations Support in the Operations Function of the Supervision Group is responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day running of a department and/or functional area in the group. This may cover activities such as operations for supervisory products, large, horizontal programs and infrastructure, facilities and administrative support.
Incumbents may also be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring the department and/or functional area`s costs and may also be involved in strategic business planning and change management initiatives. Liaising with the other business areas may also be an integral part of the role.
Your role as the Department Head of Operations Support:
* Primary focus of role is on day to day operations, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and representing the group/department on a broader area inclusive of governance bodies or workgroups.
* Oversee and manage the Group's centralized administrative support team client support service teams.
* Serves as the primary liaison with designated business partners and contribute meaningfully to the Group's Contingency operations and coordinate with business lines.
* Takes on a variety of ad-hoc assignments and projects pertinent to the Group`s businesses and policy.
* Responsible for supporting the Group with scheduling, time collection, exam support, records management and associated reporting.
* Oversee business operations for large, horizontal Supervisory programs and may serve as a senior level liaison to Supervised Institutions in addressing such programs.
* Oversee and manage the overall facilities for the Group in coordination with the Corporate Group's Real Estate function. This may include the overall office layout and interior design, overseeing all aspects of the general office aesthetics and ensuring that all lighting, electrical and ergonomic requirements are met. May also include allocation of office space to the various departments.
* Manages and directs individuals within this Business area, usually through relevant direct reports.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred
* 10-12 years of work experience, including at least 7 years of relevant experience. Strong operational background required with knowledge/experience with Supervisory and /or regulatory activities a strong preference.
* Ability to think operationally and strategically, and execute effectively
* Excellent business acumen with the ability to see the big picture and connect the dots between strategic priorities, strategic initiatives and planning, resourcing, execution and measurement.
* Knowledge and understanding of the Supervision Group, including experience working in one or more mission-line businesses or a cross-business function strongly preferred
* Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of actionable recommendations)
* Strong relationship management skills with ability to collaborate with colleagues across business areas and achieve goals without direct control over resources; comfort interacting with Bank staff at all levels, including senior officers
* Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to synthesize \"the story\" for executive-level audiences and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to \"Protected Individuals\" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic-all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank's diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative and operational support, administrative assistant ii, administrative assistant iii, administrative staff, assistant, gs 0303, gs 0341, operational support, secretary
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...