The Senior Art Director (Sr. AD) is responsible for the execution of creative from concept to layout, through to finished art. Meeting client's marketing strategies and objectives within specified deadlines.
Creation and Execution
Develop smart, single-minded ideas that are on strategy. Works collaboratively with creative and account partners. Direct members of staff to ensure proper production of campaign elements.
Understand marketing plans including objectives and strategies and how success will be measured. Participate in strategic and tactical meetings and contribute innovative ideas, tactics, and copy appropriate to the client marketing strategy.
Coordinates creative materials across other disciplines
Possess working knowledge of product challenges in relation to overall market
Collaborate and communicate with team members in a productive manner to ensure goals are being met and to attain/maintain creative vision outlined for the agency
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in strategic and tactical meetings with client and account team to develop effective advertising campaigns reflecting the clients objectives.
* Work independently as well as with copywriters to develop creative and effective advertising concepts from ideation through final projects.
* Develop layouts of rough ideas.
* Develop multiple concepts/campaigns for assigned products/projects in partnership with senior copywriter and account team.
* Able to defend strengths of existing concepts while remaining open to input and further explorations.
* Explores/develops/produces innovative ideas that are on strategy.
* Proactively solves creative problems.
* Incorporate and/or explore client suggestions and directives, resolves questions and concerns, and oversees objections.
* Direct photographers, illustrators, designers and production staff to ensure proper production of campaign elements.
* Participate in status meetings.
* Organize all creative materials to ensure their smooth transition to other departments.
* Provide adequate support coverage for other accounts/projects as determined by supervisor.
* Perform other related duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
* Commission artwork; negotiate costs and usage, oversee completion of artwork, supervise photo shoots, review sketches from illustrators.
* Oversee art preparation ( i.e.: retouching, illustration, etc.).
* Direct designers and CAD mechanical artists.
* Supervise art directors and freelance artists.
* Coordinates with account team and copywriter to identify and obtain information needed to carry out assignments.
* Present creative work and properly prepare for all client presentations.
* Adept in all creative software programs.
* Make sound, timely decisions about changes to work in progress.
* Responsible for completion of work on deadline and on budget.
AREA OF STUDY
Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Related Field
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Adobe Creative Suite
Solid knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g. time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules tasks so that work is completed on time
Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to resolve them
Ability to work effectively in a team environment to build and foster collaborative environment
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
We are providing you with this job description as a guideline for your role. Based on your team, your role may vary slightly and you may perform other duties or have other responsibilities that are dictated by business needs. However, if you think that there are elements of this job description that are inaccurate, please speak with your manager and/or HR Partner.
In addition, this job description is not intended to include modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation for a disability.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...