Medical Directors assume responsibility for understanding the scientific and clinical aspects of their assigned businesses in depth, and serve as a key strategic resource for both internal teams and clients. They will leverage science in brand differentiation and communications, collaborate with copywriters/medical writers to represent the scientific perspective throughout strategic/creative development, and ensure scientific and clinical relevance. At all levels, the Medical Directors will continue to develop their strategic skill set in an effort to uncover the most compelling way in which to differentiate a brand or franchise from a medically viable, but compelling perspective. Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical and interpretive skills, is needed.
Lead medically related client interactions across multiple accounts
Actively participate as a member of new business pitch teams when needed
Team Management & Development
Provide a day to day oversight, training and development of direct reports
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate depth of understanding for multiple products and disease states.
* Critically review content developed by others in the agency, including copywriters, medical writers, and AMDs.
* Proactively identify medical opportunities that contribute to strategic and tactical development.
* Ensure teams are optimizing the use of data to tell a viable, differentiating story.
* Participate in proprietary workshops.
* Lead medically-related client interactions across multiple pieces of business.
* Lead research and development efforts for new business pitches.
* Begin to be able to draft the \"medical hook\" portion of a pitch presentation under supervision.
* Co-lead the medical portion/immersion of a pitch presentation.
* Apply presentation skills in multiple settings, e.g. internal meetings, client and KOL meetings, pitch presentations.
* Begin to clearly communicate medical concepts across multiple pieces of business in a condensed, audience-appropriate way to client, KOLs and agency.
* Manage workflow for you and your reports' assigned products and ensure team deadlines are met.
* Demonstrate willingness to work beyond basic responsibilities to assist your reports and your teams.
* Always proactively participate in and contribute to discussions at team meetings to set example for reports.
* Proactively recommend initiatives that support marketing strategies.
* Supervise 1 or more AMDs/MDs/MWs on products in your group - teach them SOPs, give ongoing performance feedback; help with growth of skill sets; shadow, review all work and set examples until you feel your reports are ready to take on projects independently.
* Begin to help create job estimates.
* Complete timesheets accurately and on time.
* Develop ability to reasonably estimate hours required to complete specific projects.
* Complete and submit expense reports on time.
AREA OF STUDY
Master of Science (MS)
Master of Public Health (MPH)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Proficient in advanced functions and formulas to perform VLOOKUP, pivot tables, charts, graphs and data capture
Ability to work effectively in a team environment to build and foster collaborative environment
Carefully plans ahead to ensure tasks are undertaken and time is used efficiently
Acute attention to detail, with an emphasis on consistency and continuity.
Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to resolve them
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...