The Junior Copywriter (Jr. CW) must acquire a basic understanding of FCBH departmental procedures, such as routing, print production protocols, usage rights of stock images for layout, etc. Daily responsibilities include working with an art director to generate and execute creative concepts from initial drafts through finished product. Work must adhere to client's marketing strategies and objectives, meeting deadlines within budget on client projects. The Jr. CW reports to a more senior writer on the creative staff and assists that person on larger, more complex projects.
* Performs research (general lit searches as well as specific topic research) via internet and other resources
* Analyzes and interprets data from clinical studies, presentations, and published papers; summarizes key points, and turns then into promotional messages that tie to product key selling messages
* Develop medical knowledge in therapeutic areas of primary accounts
* Contributes innovative ideas appropriate to the client's marketing strategy
* Develops understanding of audience needs (e.g., physicians, patients, sales reps) and targets copy and changes voices to appropriately meet them
* Writes copy for assigned projects that is on strategy and in language that is original, compelling, distinctive, and synergistic with art/graphic
* Performs basic proofing/editing on all copy, paying strict attention to details of copy/art agreement
* Understands and implements agency/client review and routing systems; makes revisions to agency copies, identifies problems or inconsistencies, solves problems by reviewing with supervisor/account services
* Participates with creative and Brand team to develop multiple concepts/campaigns for assigned products/projects
* Must be able to develop a range of creative executions for each project and be able to effectively collaborate with art partner to ensure that words and image work together to support the concept
* Logically organizes material from a range of sources to create a compelling narrative/story flow
* Ability to adapt concept to all mediums
* Participate in creative rumbles as daily responsibilities allow
* Communicates with team members at all times regarding deadlines, revisions, quality control and new work
* Collaborates with team in a productive manner
* Takes direction from Copy Supervisor
* Is deadline-oriented and organized
* Makes sound, timely decisions about the need to change work in progress and reports them to supervisor; solves problems within areas of direct responsibility
* Cross discipline learning: Works with and benefits from colleagues and vendors, including illustrators, photographers, retouchers, science bureaus, computer design staff, editorial department, audio engineers, film editors, producers, medical directors, marketing strategists, and account executives to ensure highest quality product within specified deadlines
* Work with Junior AD to support creative approaches to communicate Brand personality and messages for both the overall campaign and individual materials
* Bachelor's Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, Writing or related discipline
SKILLS & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS (licenses, programs, certifications, etc.)
* Portfolio of work (student/spec work) demonstrating conceptual capabilities
* 0-1 yr of related experience
Develop smart, single-minded ideas.
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g. time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules tasks so that work is completed on time
For U.S. Job Seekers
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Associated topics: account executive, account manager, account representative, business, buyer, market, inside sales, marketing, project manager, sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...