- $86,650.00 -125,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Vehicle Engineering Practice is seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer at the Associate/Senior Associate level with a fundamental interest and knowledge base in the automotive field for our Philadelphia, PA office. The individual in this position will be responsible for the analysis of transportation accidents, mechanical failures, and the design of consumer and industrial products. The candidate should be technically talented with good hands-on skills, have excellent communication skills, and be motivated to ultimately develop their own consulting practice and grow professionally within Exponent.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Engineering analysis
* Field and laboratory testing
* Original research
* Site, scene, vehicle and equipment inspections
* Preparing written reports and presenting results/findings to diverse audiences
* Overtime, after-hours work, and extensive travel is often required
Qualifications for this position include:
* Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (or a M.S. and 2 years of experience) and knowledge of automotive systems
* Field and/or lab measurement experience required
* Must have knowledge of dynamics, mechanical design, and 3D CAD (AutoCAD or Rhino3D preferred)
* Must have analytical and problem solving skills
* P.E. license or the willingness to obtain a P.E. license
* Must possess strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize and present technical information
* Clear written communication and technical writing skills are required
* Must have a proven dedication to quality and accuracy
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.
Associated topics: ansys, brakes, cae, bsme, chassis, mechanical engineer, mechanic, motor, naval, powertrain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...