Exelon's Digital, Social and Content team is charged with creating strategic, innovative brand, advertising and marketing plans and materials. Together with Exelon's external agencies, the Senior Social Media Specialist position provides social media and digital communication's support to Exelon's companywide brand strategy, advertising and integrated marketing campaigns.The position helps drive Exelon's overall content strategy for owned social media channels and digital properties and routinely collaborates across other Exelon BSC business functions and operating companies to develop digital content that supports issue and messaging priorities and ensures consistent messaging and corporate identity on all digital properties across the enterprise. The position will also assist in the deployment of enterprise-wide social media software as well as and the establishment of governance and support protocols to help ensure successful implementation company wide. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Marketing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: ItemAccountability%1.
Serve as primary point of contact for Exelon business units and operating companies for best practices on social media, content development and enterprise social software deployment.
Grow, track and organize channel audiences across all Exelon owned social media platforms. Develop paid and organic strategy to grown channel audiences that reflect company's audience segments, and maintain the cross-company content calendar.
Create and execute organic and paid social media campaigns, guide strategy, and interpret analytics to positively contribute to and influence the success of digital content.
Actively monitor, listen, triage and respond to inbound messages and wall posts on Exelon owned social media profiles. Ensure both private and public social communications reflect brand values and messaging priorities.
Collaborate with colleagues from Exelon business units and operating companies to share content and ensure message continuity across the enterprise. Develop and champion new procedures to increase collaboration and effective message dissemination across the enterprise.
Establish and manage regular reporting cadence and provide recommendations for content and strategy optimization based on KPIs, benchmarks and further analysis of content.
Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy. Develop strategies for onboarding any new platforms.
Establish and manage influencer outreach program alongside insight and analytics team.
Manage, deploy and cultivate LinkedIn Elevate employee digital ambassador program.
5 POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:Minimum:Preferred:
* 4-year relevant degree and 5-7 years' professional experience in social media for a Fortune 200 brand, marketing, PR or advertising agency.
* Ability to translate complex industry issues into rich and engaging digital and social content.
* Demonstrated ability to produce comprehensive and innovative social media strategies in support of high-profile initiatives and campaigns.
* Experience with Spredfast or other enterprise social media management platforms.
* Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, experience writing for multiple audiences and platforms.
* Experience with Crimson Hexagon or other enterprise level social listening platforms.
* Excellent interpersonal communications. Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
* Proficiency with Facebook Business Manager and Power Editor, including the ability to place campaigns, manage delivery and budgets and analyze results
* Strong organizational skills to effectively manage resources and the execution of multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
* Highly motivated individual who demonstrates commitment to continuous personal and professional growth and development.
Experience managing or interacting with digital agencies and internal IT stakeholders.
* Energy business/industry knowledge.
* Familiarity with design and web development processes and guiding principles.
* Experience interfacing with executives and management personnel.
* Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal and professional growth and development.
* Position reports to the Sr. Manager, Marketing.
* Position is full-time
* Requires ability to travel.
* Requires ability to work extended hours in evening and/or weekend.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.