Institutional Investor, LLC is seeking a highly motivated sales professional, reporting to a Sales Director, to help sell multi-platform programs which include: membership and sponsored events, digital display advertising and Thought Leadership solutions.
The responsibilities of this role are twofold:
* Support Sales Director while learning about II, its clients and sales strategy * Manage an account list of existing clients and prospective new clients in order to prepare you for a senior salesperson role and advance your sales career.
* Collaborate as a team with your Sales Director to help renew, upsell and prospect accounts in the events and media area * Learn about and sell II platforms: memberships and sponsored events, digital media and thought leadership to financial services organizations * Respond to RFP's and help to create proposals * Present digital metrics and analytics to clients * Ability to make appropriate media recommendations to clients and the agencies that represent them * Maintain relationships with digital advertising agencies. * Account Management: Maintain an account list with a revenue target of your own. * Renew and upsell existing clients and prospect for new clients from your account list for both media and for events. * Sell integrated Thought Leadership solution-based programs that include events and digital media. * Maintain and cultivate strong relationships with clients and assigned ad agencies.
* Experience building a digital media plan. * Knowledge of data and analytics metrics * Comfortable calling on senior level clients * Actively schedule face-to-face weekly appointments with clients and agencies * Regular pipelining report in SalesForce * Hitting your teams' sales targets consistently and across all products is crucial to the success of our business overall. * Research the market to expand the universe of potential clients, for each event.
* Work with marketing department and editorial content leaders to develop and maintain sales materials * Create and respond to RFPs with integrated proposals for clients--- independently and with direction from your Sales Director * Monitor client advertising and sponsored content programs with the Ad Operations and Thought Leadership teams to ensure that all campaigns are running as scheduled and as contracted * Understand the competition and our market share
* Be able to effectively communicate at senior client level * Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and agencies * Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills * Collaborates with management and other internal teams
* 2+ years selling digital advertising to clients and agencies * Experience working in a media company and/or digital ad agency preferred * Advanced experience using Salesforce as a CRM and for pipelines * Self-starter and team player with excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills * College degree * Knowledge of financial services industry a plus * IAB certification a plus * Extensive travel may be required
Competitive compensation and bonus plan - commensurate with experience
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.