ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Staff Civil/Environmental Engineer to join our growing team in Malvern, PA.
Working under the direction of project managers, professional engineers, and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic area and other US and global locations. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of other types of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM's services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
* Assist in engineering design associated with various types of remediation projects including both process and civil remediation. Design tasks can include evaluating data, performing calculations, conducting research, estimating quantities and costs, preparing design drawings (working with our CAD operators), and writing technical specifications, contract documents, and design reports.
* Assist in providing support to the construction phase of various process and civil remediation projects. Construction support can include on-site inspection and testing, construction oversight, quality control/quality assurance review, and off-site support.
* Perform modeling, calculations, and controls design for the following: stormwater, soil solidification and consolidation, vapor and water head loss, treatability calculation, etc.
* Perform groundwater, soil, air, and vapor sampling at project sites.
* Perform periodic monitoring, operation, and maintenance on groundwater remediation, soil vapor extraction, sub-slab depressurization, and other types of remediation systems.
* Conduct other field work, including remedial pilot tests, quality assurance activities, and construction oversight.
* Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
* Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water (SWPPPs and E&S Plans), groundwater, and wastewater.
* Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during design and field activities.
* Assist in ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
* Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
* BS in civil, environmental, geotechnical, geological, or chemical engineering or related degree. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
* Recent graduate to 2 years of relevant experience.
* Ability and willingness to travel.
* Willingness/interest in field assignments.
* Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus.
* Experience with AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS.
* Proficiency with MS Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
* Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Excellent written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Detail-oriented and thorough.
* Mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Associated topics: ecotoxicology, environmental effect, environmental protection agency, geologist, glacier, hazardous material, wastewater, water, water engineer, water treatment
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.