Education - Excluding Post Secondary
1103 Market St
ELS - Philadelphia
Substitute Associate Instructor
Reporting directly to the Academic Director, the Substitute Associate Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS curriculum, with assistance from the AD, Instructional Specialists, Senior Instructors and Instructors; for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the AD; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops and meetings. This position may require the instructor to substitute in emergency situations for less than a full day.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Substitute Associate Instructor is specifically responsible for performing the following duties:
* To teach SSP (Structure/Speaking Practice), Vocabulary Enrichment, Reading/Writing, LTC (Language Technology Center) and/or Skills Enhancement Classes (SECs) as assigned
* To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
* To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
* To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
* To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
* To know and adhere to Center and Company policy and procedures, and to communicate local policy to Associate Instructors.
* To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
* To maintain performance and attendance records.
* To maintain Center resource materials and files.
* To observe other teachers, as suggested by the AD, for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the program.
* To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
* To participate in the employee evaluation process (i.e., classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
* To provide Associate Instructors with assistance.
* To develop and/or refine teaching materials at the local level.
* To participate in activities during the Instructor's scheduled class hours and, when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities.
* To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
* To substitute in emergency situations for less than a full day (assuming the Instructor is not already teaching a full day) when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the AD.
ALl ELS employees must be over 18. ELS is proud to be an EOE.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...