- Electronic Arts
312 N 83rd St
Requisition Number: 155234
Position Title: QA Manager
Save the planet from alien invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - it's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
The Quality Verification Manager (QM) provides leadership to the Quality Verification teams of multiple projects or that of a single large franchise. Responsibilities include planning and managing task objectives and assignments, assessing risk and managing project scope.
A QM collaborates with development teams and other studio teams to manage the end-to-end test effort of their product and mitigate risks along the way. In addition, a QM is responsible for the professional and career advancement of their direct reports. They are the keepers of the QV project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the QV team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on customer service and communication.
What a QV Manager does at EA:
* Contributes to and embodies EA and QV organizational strategies, instilling shared values and focus areas within their teams. Acts as a translator to highlight relevance and benefits to their reports
* Creates productive working relationships with other discipline leaders within the studio to increase goal alignment and represent their team to studio leadership
* Identifies and implements process improvements: evolves, optimizes, and defines project-wide processes across multiple projects proactively
* Communicates within project and to external groups: adapts content and detail to match audience, regularly collaborates outside of project team to solve problems and share best practices, communicates to and on behalf of the team, speaks with impact
* Builds effective teams by inspiring, motivating, and energizing: creates an effective organizational structure, defines an organization that meets project goals, drives the creation of the team culture
* Leads other managers: leads and mentors sub-teams through other managers, anticipates skill gaps and organizational needs for project and franchise, mentors and cultivates QV managers within project team
* Solid project management skills: collaborates with others to define project goals including scope, quality, and timeframe; creates flexible project plan, including requirement definition, task definition, talent assignment, and capacity planning;
* Directs team and managers to completion, modifying project plans as necessary; communicates project plan and progress to team and above
* Owns overall schedule for QV project, including interaction with external EA groups
* Manages project resources: ensures planned capacity will deliver project on time, quality, and budget; assesses skills requirements for current project and next; recognizes latent internal talent to develop into stretch roles
* Manages risk proactively and formally: solves root problems over multiple products; solves chronic problems by implementing corrective action plans; responsible for risk assessment and mitigation strategy
* Designs test strategies using a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies: selects the appropriate methods based on defined objectives including cost, efficiency, effectiveness, and balancing available resources, uses information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
* Effectively manage change through their team to ensure alignment of culture, values, people and behavior
* Ensures project meets financial objectives: ensures QV time estimates and basic cost information are collected and accurate; monitors progress against assigned budgets; follows defined financial plan
* Liaises on external issues requiring attention, helps set priorities and directs partners.
* Contributes knowledge and insight into capabilities - people, technology, and partners.
* Emphasizes quality results, not just task completion
* Provides options and makes decisions around the balance between quality, time, and cost
* Pushes for efficiencies, helps establish quality goals, drives the quality goal to completion
The next great EA Quality Verification also needs:
* Solid communicator, strong people management skills; ability to challenge and develop talent
* Minimum 4 years in a leadership position
* Understanding of project management methodology, experience with MS Project, Excel, Visio, Word
* Capable of identifying and recruiting key talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
* Familiarity with the software project lifecycle
* Self-motivated, strong work ethic,
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k program with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the \"work hard/play hard\" credo every day.
Let's connect on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/patricklamont12
Community / Marketing Title: QA Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-05 17:04:58.13
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...