ECFMG is seeking a Operations Quality Improvement Specialist in the Philadelphia, PA office.
The Operations Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist, in collaboration with the Director, leads the development, implementation, and management of Operations Quality Assurance and Improvement processes and initiatives, including the planning and implementation of quality improvement strategies for all Operations staff with a strong focus on documenting errors, identifying root cause of errors, and informing changes in our technology platform and staff training required to mitigate errors, as needed. This role will maintain tracking of all quality improvement efforts including initial training and remediation efforts, as well as assessment scores to inform effectiveness of training and QI instruments. Additionally, this role supports Operation's efforts to leverage technologies to advance education, training, improvements to departmental operations, and quality improvement initiatives. The QI Specialist supports Departmental managers through the development of quality improvement assessment tools and meets with managers regularly to review error rates by team. In partnership with managers and Training Specialist, develops strategies to improve training and mitigate errors. Provides meaningful data to leadership as it relates to error rates and QI initiatives across areas of Operations. The QI Specialist also will support ECFMG's privacy compliance program through the identification, tracking, and investigation of incidents related to the inadvertent release of personally identifiable information in the course of business operations. As needed, the QI Specialist will deliver training content via in-person or electronic formats to various audiences.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills. * Strong project management skills, including the ability to analyze project goals and requirements, develop schedules, track outstanding tasks, coordinate work across departments, and employ all necessary quality assurance and improvement measures for work products. * Strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead a team of peers working toward a common goal. * Detail-oriented, with a focus on Quality Assurance practices. * Able to work independently, prioritize tasks and achieve goals. * Exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills. * Ability to quickly learn and understand complex processes to create robust and accurate assessment tools. * Ability to develop and implement ideas for training and quality improvement initiatives. * Demonstrated leadership skills, including ability to provide feedback to employees at all levels regarding quality of work in a positive and collaborative manner. * Must be able to quickly learn new policies and procedures, and communicate same to staff. * Must be able to quickly learn new technology systems, and train staff on same. * Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities. * Ability to make sound decisions using discretionary judgment.
Works with Director to lead Operation's efforts to develop, refine, implement and enhance quality improvement processes
* Leads development and implementation of QI initiatives, working collaboratively with all staff and managers. * Recommends and contributes to efforts to develop and refine workflows across Operations with a focus on quality improvement. * Supports efforts to effectively and accurately develop standardized training materials informed by assessment tools. * Through aggregation of staff errors, determines staff training and remediation needs to improve staff performance. Propose and assist in planning of these training and remedial efforts in conjunction with management and Ops Training and QA Specialist.
Supports efforts to track and mitigate Personal Identifiable Information (PII) errors within Operations
* Manage PII error reporting, tracking, and notification, in partnership with PII team. * Manage and maintain record of PII errors across Operations departments to identify and mitigate areas of risk. * Create and manage a dashboard to enable tracking of actual and near miss PII errors by category. * Support managers in completion of Apparent Cause Analysis (ACA). Responsible for completion of ACA with manager input. When appropriate, shadow staff processes to identify processes in need of revision to mitigate errors.
Plans, develops, and manages QA assessment tools to ensure that Operations Staff are knowledgeable of processes and maintain an acceptable level of accuracy.
* Lead efforts to develop rubrics to focus Operation manager's efforts on areas of concentration when conducting routine quality assurance on work processed by staff. * Lead effort to develop scorecard for manager's use while conducting quality assurance review. * Using discretionary judgement, develops comprehensive communications regarding quality improvement plans for Operations. * Support Operations managers by leading routine quality improvement meetings with managers to review QA results at a department level.
Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to Operations Leaders to keep them informed about QI/QA and Training efforts in areas of responsibility.
* Track delivery of Operations training sessions and assessment scores to provide metrics on effectiveness of training tools and identify staff remediation needs. * Direct efforts such as planning the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution as well as other resources to ensure quality improvement functions are managed within authorized budget.
* Minimum of three years of experience in business operations, with a focus on the processing of documents and workflow. * Experience in a professional organization conducting quality improvement practices required. * Knowledge of ECFMG's Operations policies and procedures required. * Proven training and communication skills required. * Experience with change management principles, preferred. * Experience with customer service and call centers, a plus. * Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) a plus. * Experience with developing training materials preferred. Project Management certification and/or Six Sigma training/certification is a plus.