ECFMG is seeking a Medical Education Resource Specialist in the Philadelphia, PA office.
The Medical Education Resources Specialist is accountable for ensuring accurate, complete and current information associated with institutions with which ECFMG conducts business. The Specialist is responsible for the daily workflow associated with the resend queues of outgoing verifications from various Operations departments. The Specialist is also responsible for resolving returned mail or rejected faxes/emails. The Specialist researches and communicates with medical schools, government officials, hospitals, and other organizations, institutions and agencies about issues related to their contact information.
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong research and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to research issues and gather and track relevant data.
* Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures
* Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple processes and responsibilities.
* Demonstrated attention to detail.
* PC Proficient
* Foreign language skills preferred.
* Minimum of one year of professional level experience in an administrative or market research role in an academic, public health, or healthcare setting preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required or equivalent experience.
* Experience with various research methods preferred.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Ensures Complete, Current and Accurate Information included in the Electronic Medical Education Resource Library
* Regularly corresponds with medical schools, institutions, and governmental agencies via all available methods in order to obtain valid contact information including what officials at these organizations are authorized to certify documents to ECFMG on behalf of their respective institutions.
* Responsible for on-going maintenance and accuracy of the ECFMG Medical Education Credentials Reference Library, including the addition of new contacts.
Oversees and Manages resend queues for outgoing requests
* Provides daily management of outgoing queues from various applications. Sends outgoing requests in a variety of formats and methods.
* Performs research necessary to ensure accurate contact information is being used.
* Evaluates and resolves returned mail and rejected faxes/emails.
Provides Excellent Customer Service
* Provides exceptional customer service in the role of assisting ECFMG departments with producing accurate requests.
* Acts as the subject matter expert for address formatting for various institutions in the database.
The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) is a not for profit organization based in Philadelphia, PA. ECFMG has the responsibility of evaluating qualifications of graduates of international medical schools who seek entry into postgraduate medical education positions in the United States. International medical graduates who wish to enter an ACGME-accredited residency or a fellowship program in the U.S. must be certified by ECFMG. The current requirements for ECFMG Certification include passing portions of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
ECFMG has an organizational commitment to promote excellence in international medical education. ECFMG offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including generous coverage for health, dental and vision insurance, 15% employer contribution to retirement, 100% tuition reimbursement, and many other great benefits. ECFMG is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in the position, please upload your resume, and your salary requirements.
Associated topics: addict, bioethics, disease, disorder, epidemiology, gastroenterology, health care, hospitalist, medicine, neurosurgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.