Named a Glassdoor \"Best Places to Work\" three years in row, we couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo - A Perfect Pairing
Under minimal supervision, works as part of a team to support visitor center operations in a manner that achieves the established financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal functions include cash register operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales and service.
What You Will Do:
* Prepares the tasting room for daily opening and closing.
* Promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the visitor center; acts as informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
* Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor's questions about wines.
* Provides general tourist information.
* Handles routine purchasing transactions (includes operating cash register and accounting of daily sales).
* Supports display and stocking of retail items and wines; and hospitality special events; participates in inventories.
* Understands and effectively communicates the Brand message.
* Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
* Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
* Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and informs a manager.
* Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
* Required to multi-task with focus on detail and switch gears quickly.
* Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
* Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
What You Will Need:
* High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
* Cash register experience.
* Required to be 21 years of age or older.
* Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule as needed.
* Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Required to engage in frequent walking and standing.
* Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
* Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
What Will Set You Apart:
* Bachelor's Degree plus 1 year of tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience.
* Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
* Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Knowledge of basic computer operation.
* Knowledge of wine and wine production.
* Knowledge of federal and state legal compliance related to tasting room operations.
* Experience executing tasks that required attention to detail and accuracy. Experience executing tasks or job functions that require good organizational skills and engaging in functions using own initiative.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.