It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Dokais one of the worlds leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector.TheDokaGroup is a company of theUmdaschGroup andemploys more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Structural Engineer is accountable for design submittals, forming and falsework solutions, managing individual projects and may manage a small team of engineers. Has the ability to lead a static team on Major projects and ensures that team members are designing economically, workable and safe solutions. Reports directly to the Structural Manager and functionally to the VP, Head of Engineering, Doka USA.
- Creates design calculations using the fundamentals of engineering and principals of design.
- Able to mentally visualize the path of applied loads and to validate safe engineered solutions for special application & provide a comprehensive static design package.
- Evaluates technical solutions utilizing standard formwork systems and custom solutions.
- Partners with customers, sales and operations departments while managing jobs to satisfy project demands during preliminary project planning to project completion.
- Supports branches by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customers needs which are economical and comply with safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Works with project teams to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage and finalizes working drawings for Doka forming systems. Provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Relied upon to provide guidance to project teams and the customer regarding forming solutions and respond to questions concerning equipment usage, etc.
- Motivates team and effectively delegates work insuring team and company objectives are met.
- Produces and ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Ensures that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
- Monitors conformance with contractual guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Visits job sites as required, identifies any improper implementation and takes action to insure technical solutions are immediately implemented.
- Service the job site for the correct use of formwork systems in the absence of a service advisor.
- Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees/teams.
- Able to schedule project tasks to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors degree in engineering (civil, construction, or structural).
- 4-8 years of experience in the design of standard and special applications of vertical and horizontal formwork systems. Doka experience preferred.
- Possesses considerable knowledge and experience in the areas of statics and formwork technology.
- Experience in design of formwork systems for commercial high-rise & bridge structure, a plus.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, project management software and computer applications including Microsoft.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Self motivated and willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player with strong leadership and excellent time management skills. Able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of US regulations, local and national codes, legislation and trends impacting the formwork industry.
Ability of solve field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Knowledge of communicative behavior and is able to lead discussions, negotiation, provide feedback, manage conflicts and conceptual framework for innovation.
Position requires the ability to work in an organized manner, in a fast-paced environment and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Dokaoffers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), short-term disability,AFLAC policies, paid time off(sick/personal,vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays)and an exciting opportunity to join as a Structural Engineeras a member of Doka's team in Little Ferry, New Jersey.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clickingbelow.
If you have previously applied, it isnot necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line atwww.dokausa.comfor additional information onDokaUSA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of theUmdaschGroup
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated topics: autocad, civil, civil designer, drafter, implement, model, project engineer, stability, structural engineer, technical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...