1103 Market St
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer, East
Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to be a key contributor to our Northeast Regional Team to help contribute to Docker's long-term growth. If you want to demo a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
This person will be joining the Docker team working remotely in Philadelphia, PA or Cherry Hill, NJ
You will drive the technical evaluation stage of the overall sales process, you are a critical driver of customer success as containers revolutionize the modern enterprise. In this role, you will be the key technical advisor to the sales team, work very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider Docker and Container communities.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. You will be a key technical advisor to Docker customers as they change the way they Build, Ship and Run their applications.
You will help our customers:
* move past the high-level concepts, understand how Docker fits into their environment, and how to get started.
* transform their development pipelines, automate their infrastructure, and remove friction enabling them to bring new ideas to market quickly.
* serve as an industry expert on technology, people, and process around software development & operating containers at Enterprise scale.
You will also be responsible for the clear articulation of Docker's technical and product positioning to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders and forging strong relationships with them throughout the sales cycle and beyond.
What You'll Do:
* Engage with customers to understand their requirements and communicate the technical value of Docker.
* Work with the sales team to create technical proposals and presentations for customer meetings.
* Initiate and manage multiple proofs of concepts, working directly with the prospect to deliver upon their success criteria.
* Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Sales, Engineering and Product teams.
* Work with your sales counterpart to devise and execute a winning strategy that ultimately delivers a 'technical win' for the account/opportunity.
* Learn about and share the incredible capabilities and value that Docker delivers to our enterprise customers.
* 8+ years of experience with technical sales of distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, or Big Data products.
* Operational experience with a Docker based container platform.
* Familiarity with Developer tools, including CI and CD pipelines.
* Familiarity with cloud technologies - Any of the 3 major cloud vendors & cloud native apps is a nice to have
* Development experience a plus (scripting, application development, etc.).
* Significant experience with Linux.
* Exceptional communication capabilities including a presentation style that addresses a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives.
* Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems,
* Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with the willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach.
* Previous experience building solutions with Docker, Kubernetes, etc is preferred.
* Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships.
* CS degree required.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world's most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker's rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of \"Dockerized\" applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...