* High school diploma or equivalent combined with a minimum of three years teller/banking supervisory experience.
* Strong supervisory/leadership skills combined with proficient mathematics and computer skills Moderate reading, writing and communication skills.
* Strong customer service and sales skills with ability to meet defined targeted goals and minimum standard requirements.
Responsible for providing service to customers; performing a variety of duties relating to the paying and receiving and balancing functions; coordinating work within the unit as well as with other units and departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries and requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc.; assisting the unit supervisor with various administrative tasks to support unit operations.
* Provides service to all bank customers as follows:
* Greets customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
* Serves bank customers at an assigned teller station.
* Sales oriented with ability to cross-sell products and services.
* Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate sales personnel when these opportunities are available.
* Performs various duties relating to the paying and receiving and balancing functions including, but not limited to, the following:
* Accepts checks for cashing within approved limits.
* Accepts checking and savings deposits and makes withdrawals.
* Accepts various payments, i.e., loan, etc.
* Maintains an approved level of cash; turns in excess and mutilated currency.
* Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances drawer daily.
* Performs various clerical duties as assigned including maintaining records and preparing a variety of forms.
* Follows prescribed security procedures and ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations in all transactions and interactions.
* Maintains and controls vault cash for the teller unit.
* Assists supervisor in ensuring teller team adhere to operating policies and practices. Responsible for training new tellers, as assigned.
* Responds to inquiries relating to the teller area or from customers or other bank personnel regarding balances, withdrawals, verification of accounts, etc. in an efficient and timely manner.
* Responsible for Branch and ATM settlement/maintenance procedures.
* Directly supervises and participates in the reviews of the assigned teller team.
* Participates with supervisor in establishing specific goals for team members and implements strategies to achieve these goals.
Physical Demands And Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employees is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply for this position. Please attach your resume and cover letter in a Word compatible file.
Associated topics: branch, branch teller, client, customer, customer service, customer service representative, deposit, saving, service representative, teller
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.