What is Small Business and Self Employed? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Education Requirements Section and Qualifications Section for Locations.
AMENDED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: NEW YORK-KINGS, NY, CANTON, OH, WICHITA, KS. CUTOFF EXTENDED FROM 3/22/2019 TO 4/1/2019
Learn more about this agency
What does a Shared Administrative Associate (OA) do? Provides administrative, clerical and case processing support to managers and technical employees functionally and cross-functionally throughout assigned organizations, as needed. The duties involve planning, organizing and carrying out varied administrative and clerical activities required by business operating divisions. Will be a shared resource for multiple business operating divisions located in a post-of-duty, within a commuting area and/or geographic area.
As a Shared Administrative Associate (OA) you will:
* Support multiple managers and groups consisting of professional and technical employees both remotely and on-site as well as performing administrative tasks as needed for the post-of-duty.
* Validate and inputs information to open, assign, transfer and close cases using various business unit case management automated systems such as ERCS, RGS, ICS, and ECMS.
* Verify completeness and accuracy of case controls to ensure compliance with established business unit procedures and formats. Identifies and resolves inconsistencies shown on the Related Return Report, Inventory Validation Listing, or other inventory reports. Extracts and analyzes data to monitor statutes and alert the group manager and technical employees to ensure protection of the Government's interest.
* Analyze case information to determine the appropriate procedures to close cases involving multiple work streams. Maintains and updates a variety of manual and automated tracking systems used in processing cases.
* Retrieve from business unit automated systems, a variety of reports and technical material including forms, correspondence, supporting documents, etc. related to taxpayer cases.
* Input and/or verifies technical employees' time on business unit automated systems. Retrieves data and provides analysis of time expended on individual and related case categories and other time expenditures.
* Utilize software to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, requisitions, requests for personnel actions and legal documents. Reviews outgoing correspondence for proper format, conformance with procedural instructions, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and attachments.
* Input and/or verifies technical employees' time on business unit automated systems such as SETR, ERCS, ICS, and Entity. Retrieves data and provides analysis of time expended on individual and related case categories and other time expenditures.
* Manually and electronically prepares folders, case files, acknowledgments, forms, closing documents and transmittal instructions for use by technical employees to assist them in arriving at the final disposition of a case and executing case processing.
* Gather, summarize and timely responds to management inquires for case, project and program information. Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, requisitions and case-related documents in regard to requests from higher levels in the organization.
* Receive telephone calls and visitors, determines the nature of the business, gives routine and non-routine information, answers questions in accordance with Service policies and operations or directs callers and visitors to the appropriate person or office.
* Retrieve and controls mail and suspense items, routing them directly to the appropriate person or office for action, follows-up on outstanding controls and researches background information before routing mail to the appropriate individuals. Prepares transmittals, boxes, and ships case files and other business documents.
* Coordinate and initiates supply orders for multiple groups and/or offices. The incumbent is a purchase card holder responsible for submitting payment for supply and purchase orders. Utilizes internal and external automated systems to place orders and reconcile account information.
* Organize, maintain, and purge files and records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials. Prepares federal records for storage. Maintains calendar, schedule appointments and engagements and make travel arrangements for immediate manager and may be requested to perform these duties for additional managers supported.
* Serve as a resource person to the group(s) in matters such as case procedures, group administrative procedures, etc. Serve as proxy for manager(s) on automated systems such as the performance appraisal system, travel system, requisition tracking system, etc.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.go
* Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Refer to Qualifications and Education Requirements Sections for Locations
* Click \"Print Preview\" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* IRS employees with Career or Career Conditional appointments
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT (OFFICE AUTOMATION): In addition to meeting experience or education requirements, applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to type 40 words per minute. Applicants may be asked to participate in a typing/performance test, provide a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue such certificates by the Office of Personnel Management local office, or self-certifying their proficiency (which may be verified at a later step in the process). Performance test results and certificates of proficiency are acceptable for 3 years.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-5 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-04 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience providing clerical and admin support to managers and staff. Experience operating a variety of software systems (e.g., Integrated Data Retrieval System (IDRS), Exam Return Control System (ERCS), Report Generating Software (RGS), Integrated Collection System (ICS), Entity Case Management Information (Entity), Data Model View (DMV), Case Based Reasoning (CBR), etc.) to prepare documents, input data, compile/ generate reports and monitor administrative controls. Experience responding/referring taxpayer complaints and inquiries. Experience with using agency regulations, manuals, and directives pertaining to clerical and administrative policies and practices to perform administrative and case processing support functions. Experience applying grammar, spelling and punctuation to prepare reports and correspondence.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: a Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
GS-6 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with the organizational structure of the IRS business unit operations. Experience providing clerical and admin support to multiple managers and groups. Experience operating a variety of software systems (e.g., Integrated Data Retrieval System (IDRS), Exam Return Control System (ERCS), Report Generating Software (RGS), Integrated Collection System (ICS), Entity Case Management Information (Entity), Data Model View (DMV), Case Based Reasoning (CBR), etc.) to prepare documents, input data, compile/ generate reports and monitor administrative controls. Experience responding/referring taxpayer complaints and inquiries. Experience with using agency regulations, manuals, and directives pertaining to clerical and administrative policies and practices to perform administrative and case processing support functions. Experience applying grammar, spelling and punctuation to prepare reports and correspondence.
For the GS-6, in addition to the above requirements, you must have been at the GS-5 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part- time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
362 SBSE Exam positions will be filled as follows:
1 in 135 High Street, Hartford, CT (CT0013)
3 in 15 New Sudbury Street, Boston, MA (MA0131)
1 in 51 Haddonfield Road, Cherry Hill, NJ (NJ5114)
1 in 11 A Clinton Ave, Albany, NY (NY0300)
2 in 999 Stewart Ave, Bethpage, NY (NY7501)
1 in 1000 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA (PA0233)
3 in 600 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA (PA0277)
1 in 60 Quaker Lane, Warwick, RI (RI7085)
1 in 150 Court Street, New Haven, CT (CT0061)
1 in One Montvale Ave., Stoneham, MA (MA5632)
1 in 120 Front Street, Worcester, MA (MA5785)
1 in 75 Perseverance Way, Hyannis, MA (MA5942)
3 in 120 Liberty Street, Brockton, MA (MA5955)
1 in 1550 Main Street, Springfield, MA (MA5982)
1 in 80 Daniel Street, Portsmouth, NH (NH0036)
1 in 410 Amherst Street, Nashua, NH (NH6136)
1 in 1000 Elm Street, Manchester, NH (NH6148)
1 in 200 Sheffield Street, Mountainside, NJ (NJ4360)
2 in 1719 C Route 10, Parsippany, NJ (NJ4531)
1 in 1 Kalisa Way, Paramus, NJ (NJ4571)
2 in 4 Paragon Way, Ste. #2, Freehold, NJ (NJ4611)
2 in 50 West State Street, Trenton, NJ (NJ5105)
1 in 5218 Atlantic Avenue, Mays Landing, NJ (NJ6998)
1 in 100 Dey Place, Edison, NJ (NJD001)
1 in 955 S. Springfield Ave, Springfield, NJ (NJD003)
1 in 15 Henry Street, Binghamton, NY (NY0016)
14 in 290 Broadway - Foley Square, New York City, NY (NY0350)
1 in 1 Lefrak City Plaza, 59-17 Junction Blvd, Corona, NY (NY5848)
1 in 210 East Post Road, White Plains, NY (NY6385)
2 in 300 Commerce Drive, New Windsor, NY (NY7071)
3 in 1180 Vets Mem Hwy, Hauppauge, NY (NY7117)
1 in 1200 Waters Place, Bronx, NY (NY7304)
4 in 130 South Elmwood Avenue, Suite 100, Buffalo, NY (NY7340)
1 in 300 South State Street, Syracuse, NY (NY7357)
1 in 1601 Eleventh Avenue, 2nd Floor, Altoona, PA (PA0329)
1 in 409 Lackawanna Ave., Suite 600, Scranton, PA (PA0596)
1 in 201 Penn Street, Suite 100, Reading, PA (PA0656)
1 in 3 W. Broad Street, Bethlehem, PA (PA0719)
1 in 200 Lakeside Drive, Suite 220, Horsham, PA (PA0865)
1 in 230 Executive Drive, Suite 100, Cranberry Township, PA (PA0871)
1 in 2670 Industrial Highway, York, PA (PA0896)
2 in 162 West Chestnut Street, Washington, PA (PA7017)
1 in 380 Westminster Mall, Providence, RI (RI7097)
3 in 4041 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ (AZ7748)
3 in 7350 W Camino San Xavier, Glendale, AZ (AZ7887)
1 in 1120 S Dobson, Suite 225, Chandler, AZ (AZ8043)
1 in 777 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa, CA (CA0221)
2 in 333 W Broadway, San Diego, CA (CA0316)
6 in 24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel, CA (CA0521)
4 in 55 South Market Street, San Jose, CA (CA6116)
1 in 4825 Coffee Rd., Bakersfield, CA (CA7901)
1 in 1600 Los Gamos Dr., Suite 231, San Rafael, CA (CA8211)
1 in 1900 O'Farrell St, San Mateo, CA (CA8280)
3 in 1999 Broadway, Denver, CO (CO1811)
1 in 12600 W. Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO (COD002)
1 in 5338 Montgomery Blvd, Albuquerque, NM (NM1502)
1 in 1660 Oak Street SE, Ste 300, Salem, OR (OR6660)
2 in 1818 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ (AZ6886)
6 in 300 North Los Angeles St, Los Angeles, CA (CA0150)
1 in 450 Golden Gate Ave, San Francisco, CA (CA0154)
3 in 501 W Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA (CA0273)
3 in 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA (CA0281)
3 in 222 N. Sepulveda, El Segundo, CA (CA6093)
4 in 4330 Watt Ave, Sacramento, CA (CA6139)
2 in 225 W Broadway, Glendale, CA (CA6218)
1 in 6340 Variel, Los Angeles, CA (CA6333)
1 in 1332 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara, CA (CA6498)
1 in 1700 Standiford Ave, Modesto, CA (CA6901)
1 in 1 Civic Center Drive, San Marcos, CA (CA6921)
1 in 26415 Carl Boyer Dr, Santa Clarita, CA (CA7159)
2 in 801 Civic Center Drive, W., Santa Ana, CA (CA7395)
1 in 1 in 850 Industrial Street, Suite 300, Redding, CA (CA7564)
1 in 2384 Professional Parkway, Santa Maria, CA (CA7585)
1 in 2525 Capitol St, Fresno, CA (CA7898)
1 in 556 S Paseo Dorotea, Palm Springs, CA (CA7903)
1 in 4830 Business Center Dr., Suite 250, Fairfield, CA (CA8182)
6 in 290 N. D Street, San Bernardino, CA (CAD001)
6 in 9350 Flair Dr, El Monte, CA (CAD002)
1 in 751 Daily Drive, Camarillo, CA (CAD003)
1 in 10225 Westmoor Drive, Bldg 6, Westminster, CO (CO1989)
1 in 1099 Alakea St., Honolulu, HI (HI8171)
1 in 550 West Fort St, Boise, ID (ID0025)
3 in 110 City Parkway, Las Vegas, NV (NV7516)
1 in 200 S. Virginia St., Reno, NV (NV7612)
1 in 1220 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR (OR0043)
Locations continued in Education Requirement Section
LOCATIONS CONTINUED FROM QUALIFICATION SECTION:
1 in 960 Ellendale, Medford, OR (OR6527)
3 in 178 South Rio Grande St, Salt Lake City, UT (UT1522)
1 in 500 W 12th St, Vancouver, WA (WA0094)
4 in 915 Second Avenue, Seattle, WA (WA0101)
3 in 1201 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA (WA7438)
2 in 10208 Park Plaza, Suite C, Rothschild, WI (WI1622)
2 in 3205 Williams Blvd SW, Cedar Rapids, IA (IA1550)
7 in 230 S. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL (IL0236)
2 in 575 N Pennsylvania, Indianapolis, IN (IN0133)
1 in 985 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI (MI0800)
2 in 500 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI (MI3044)
2 in 30 East Seventh Street, Wells Fargo Place, St. Paul, MN (MN1600)
3 in 1550 American Blvd East, Bloomington, MN (MN1675)
3 in 1122 Town and Country Commons, Chesterfield, MO (MO1833)
1 in 657 2nd Ave N, Fargo, ND (ND0046)
1 in 4749 Lincoln Mall Dr, Matteson, IL (IL2563)
2 in 2001 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL (IL2337)
1 in 3101 Constitution Drive, Springfield, IL (IL2454)
1 in Fountains Business Center, 380 Office Court, Fairview Heights, IL (IL2528)
2 in 14479 South John Humphrey Driv, Orland Park, IL (IL2549)
1 in 2415 W. Cornerstone Ct, Peoria, IL (IL2551)
3 in 5100 River Rd, Schiller Park, IL (IL2558)
1 in One Michiana Square, 100 East Wayne Street, South Bend, IN (IN1641)
1 in 7409 Eagle Crest Blvd, Evansville, IN (IN1822)
1 in 120 SE 6th Street, Topeka, KS (KS1526)
2 in 6717 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Overland Park, KS (KS1603)
1 in 22600 Hall Rd, Ste 102, Clinton Township, MI (MI1942)
1 in 38275 West Twelve Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI (MI2097)
1 in 1270 Pontiac Rd., Pontiac, MI (MI2181)
1 in 3251 N Evergreen Dr Ne, Grand Rapids, MI (MI2210)
1 in 3971 S Research Park Drive, Suite B, Ann Arbor, MI (MI2218)
2 in 917 N. Saginaw St, Flint, MI (MI3022)
1 in 1222 Spruce, St. Louis, MO (MO0106)
1 in 137 S Broadview St, Cape Girardeau, MO (MO1857)
3 in 2850 NE Independence Ave, Lee's Summit, MO (MO2008)
2 in 1616 Capitol Ave., Omaha, NE (NE0051)
4 in 550 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH (OH0189)
2 in 200 N High St, Columbus, OH (OH0208)
2 in 6450 Rockside Woods Blvd S, Suite 300, Independence, OH (OH2320)
1 in 115 4th Ave SE, Aberdeen, SD (SD0040)
1 in N14 W24200 Tower Place, Suite 202, Waukesha, WI (WI1696)
2 in 211 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI (WI1720)
1 in 1110 Montlimar Dr, Mobile, AL (AL2024)
2 in 801 Tom Martin Drive, Birmingham, AL (AL2085)
3 in 51 SW First Avenue, Miami, FL (FL0061)
6 in 7850 S. W. 6th Court, Plantation, FL (FL2347)
1 in 1211 Governors Square Blvd, Tallahassee, FL (FL2501)
1 in 5971 Cattleridge Blvd, Sarasota, FL (FL3100)
1 in 9450 Koger Blvd, St Petersburg, FL (FLD001)
1 in 600 Dr Martin L King Pl, Louisville, KY (KY0086)
1 in 3007 Knight Street, Shreveport, LA (LA1340)
3 in 31 Hopkins Plaza, Baltimore, MD (MD0055)
1 in 6010 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD (MD1248)
1 in 3340 Jaeckle Drive, Wilmington, NC (NC2410)
1 in 10715 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, NC (NC2598)
2 in 801 Broadway, Nashville, TN (TN0052)
1 in 300 E. Eighth Street, Austin, TX (TX0227)
4 in 1100 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX (TX0284)
7 in 1919 Smith, Houston, TX (TX0298)
6 in 4050 Alpha Rd, Farmers Branch, TX (TX0302)
2 in 7980 Science Applications Ct, Suite 1251, Vienna, VA (VA0008)
1 in 200 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA (VA1608)
1 in 5123 Research Dr NW, Huntsville, AL (AL2393)
1 in 700 W Capitol, Little Rock, AR (AR0063)
1 in 615 S Main Street, Jonesboro, AR (AR1127)
3 in 77 K Street Ne, Washington, DC (DC0198)
1 in 611 S Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE (DE0066)
6 in 401 W Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA (GA0087)
3 in 2888 Woodcock Blvd, Atlanta, GA (GA2004)
1 in 1899 Powers Ferry Road SE, Atlanta, GA (GA2401)
2 in 5255 Snapfinger Park Dr, Decatur, GA (GA2493)
2 in 400 West Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL (FL0067)
1 in 7410 So. U.S. Hwy 1, Port Saint Lucie, FL (FL2174)
2 in 850 Trafalgar Court, Maitland, FL (FL2257)
2 in 3848 West Columbus Drive, Tampa, FL (FL2402)
1 in 3300 SW 34th Avenue, Ocala, FL (FL2668)
1 in 149 S Ridgewood Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL (FL3205)
1 in 7180 9th Ave North, Pensacola, FL (FL3279)
2 in 4210 Metro Parkway, Ft. Myers, FL (FL3285)
1 in 2133 Harden Boulevard, Lakeland, FL (FL3143)
1 in 1700 Palm Bch Lakes Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL (FLD002)
1 in 423 Lafayette St, Houma, LA (LA0070)
1 in 1555 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA (LA1336)
1 in 2600 Citiplace, Suite 375, Baton Rouge, LA (LA1420)
1 in 311 North Arnold Avenue, Prestonsburg, KY (KY2098)
2 in 7300 Turfway Rd, Suite 410, Florence, KY (KY3123)
1 in 100 W Capitol, Jackson, MS (MS0083)
1 in 111 E Troy Street, Suite A, Tupelo, MS (MS2201)
1 in 2835 S. Charles Blvd, Greenville, NC (NC2310)
1 in 225 Green St, Fayetteville, NC (NC2443)
5 in 4905 Koger Boulevard, Greensboro, NC (NC2668)
1 in 55 North Robinson, Oklahoma City, OK (OK1356)
2 in 224 S Boulder Ave, Tulsa, OK (OK1358)
2 in 1835 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC (SC0068)
1 in 710 Locust St, Knoxville, TN (TN0076)
2 in 22 N Front Street, Memphis, TN (TN2070)
1 in 5740 Uptain Road, Eastgate Center, Chattanooga, TN (TN2351)
1 in 127 International Drive, Franklin, TN (TN2709)
1 in 819 Taylor Street, Fritz G. Lanham FB, Fort Worth, TX (TX0224)
1 in 5450 Stratum Dr, Ste 150, Fort Worth, TX (TX2653)
1 in 700 E. San Antonio, El Paso, TX (TX0272)
5 in 8701 S Gessner, Houston, TX (TX0297)
1 in 6801 Sanger Ave., Suite 1020, Waco, TX (TX2007)
1 in 350 Pine Street, Edison Plaza, Beaumont, TX (TX2481)
3 in 8626/8700 Tesoro Drive, San Antonio, TX (TX2559)
1 in 1740 Briarcrest Dr, Bryan, TX (TX2775)
1 in 1101 E. Hackberry Avenue, McAllen, TX (TX2785)
2 in 12309 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, TX (TX2835)
1 in 400 North Eighth Street, Richmond, VA (VA0088)
1 in 1600 N. Coalter Street, Staunton, VA (VA0486)
1 in 903 Enterprise Parkway, Suite 100, Hampton, VA (VA0688)