- Department of the Treasury
- $60,410.00 -92,030.00/year*
1103 Market St
WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON AND DISCLOSURE DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
See \"Other Information\" for Locations
Learn more about this agency
As a Records Administrative Advisor you will:
* Performs analytical, technical, and advisory duties related to records and information management activities for business improvement initiatives and assists the manager, team lead and higher graded records specialist in performing trend analysis on projects affecting the IRS records program.
* Participates in developing and implementing administrative management policies, makes recommendations for course of action pertaining to administrative issues, define overall goals and objectives of programs and projects.
* Reviews, processes and clears separating employee clearance records in HR Connect, Legal Category SEC to ensure timely separation of departing employees and clear identification and control of IRS asset (records). Assists managers and Records Specialists with the employee separating process as it relates to records reviews and records related clearance requirements. Ensures business unit manager correctly completes and submit records related separating employee clearance checklist and updates HR Connect accurately. Conducts analysis to determine error rates and makes recommendations on process improvements.
* Provides administrative support to the supervisor, team lead, and other higher graded records specialists, in the areas of coordinating the Operational Reviews, developing internal office operating procedures, processing OF-11s and SF-135s into Archival Records Centers Information System (ARCIS), and gathering monthly measures.
* Assists higher graded records specialists in conducting and coordinating reviews of planned or proposed programs, projects, or processes which consider factors such as: impact on customers, other programs, policy and procedural changes, staffing, training and support requirements, risk factors, costs and available alternatives.
* Provides support to supervisor, managers, and analysts, in the areas of, but not limited to, electronic library maintenance, Records Management procedures, performance management, and/or personnel processing, strategic communications planning, and other human resource initiatives.
* Provides management with assistance on operational, business process, and project reviews, for a segment or phase of a broader project or study; and independently completes projects and studies within a limited scope.
* Prepares management directives, policy statements, and provides written regulatory guidance and recommendations critical to policy implementation to be reviewed by supervisor, managers, and Records Specialists.
* Compiles, reconciles, correlates, and summarizes narrative information and quantitative data.
* Assists the Records Specialist team in their role of liaisons with National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and IRS business units on records disposition matters, including retirement, retrieval and coordination of disposal activities.
* Uses conventional techniques to gather, assemble and analyze facts, draw conclusions, and devise alternatives and/or recommend solutions.
* Serves as the Training Coordinator; ensures in-house training is developed; maintains PS Core Curriculum; maintains annual training plan; and oversees compliance with required certifications (e.g., Records Management Annual Mandatory Briefings, 15701 Information Resource Coordinators 15701 ELMs certification Training etc.).
* Prepares briefing materials for executive level presentations and participates in meetings and conferences with management in matters related to the records program plans and projects.
* If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
* Job family (Series)
0308 Records & Information Management
Conditions of Employment
* Please refer to \"Conditions of Employment.\"
* Click \"Print Preview\" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be U.S Citizen or National
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GRADE 07: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience participating in planning and coordinating privacy, disclosure or records management programs, projects, laws, regulation and/or processes which impact customers; managing administrative assignments; monitoring activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness; reviewing responses, reports and memoranda on behalf of the organization and experience using analytical techniques to perform routine analyses of data and information to develop conclusions. OR
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows one full academic year of graduate education in any field of study from an accredited college or university. OR
Superior Academic Achievement may be met by having a Bachelor's degree, with one of the following: A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all completed undergraduate courses or those completed in the last 2 years of study, or a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all courses in the major field of study or those courses in the major completed in the last 2 years of study, or rank in the upper one third of the class in the college, university, or major subdivision, or membership in a national honor society recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.
GRADE 09: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience participating in planning and coordinating privacy, disclosure or records management programs, projects, laws, regulation and/or processes which impact customers; managing administrative assignments; monitoring activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness; reviewing responses, reports and memoranda on behalf of the organization and experience using analytical techniques to perform routine analyses of data and information to develop conclusions. OR
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in any field of study from an accredited college or university. OR
Master's or equivalent graduate degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university. OR an LL.B or J.D., if related.
* You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part timework is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Education* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...