- Department of the Treasury
- $63,080.00 -125,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
This position is located in the Production Engineering and Maintenance Branch, Plant and Engineering Section on one of three shifts, Production Division, Philadelphia U.S. Mint, The position is responsible for the installation, assembly, disassembly, calibration, reconditioning, and repair on various production machines and support equipment throughout the building.
Learn more about this agency
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 19-MINT-409-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As a Production Machinery Mechanic, you will:
* Perform a wide variety of duties concerned with the disassembly, repair, installation, and modification of parts for automated and conventional, stamping presses, upset mills, annealing furnaces, metal shears, pumps, air compressors, motors, material handling equipment, burnishing mills, production conveyor equipment, cartoning equipment, robotics equipment, PVD coating machines, aqueous cleaners, machine shop equipment, laser systems labeling equipment, scales, torque limiters and other production and support equipment used within the building.
* Repair, relocate, adjust, troubleshoot and make precise adjustments for alignment, parallelism and concentricity as they affect the function of production equipment, conventional and non-conventional (e.g., CNC, NC, EDM) machine shop tools.
* Perform specialized tasks such as relocation, modification and adjusting of production and production support equipment.
* Connect hydraulic lines, air lines, fuel lines, lubrication systems, and other sources of power to prepare equipment and machinery for operation.
* Job family (Series)
5350 Production Machinery Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
* Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals
* Please refer to \"Conditions of Employment.\"
* Click \"Print Preview\" to review the entire announcement before applying.
The work requires standing, stooping, bending, reaching, and the ability to lift heavy objects. Objects are handled on a regular basis, which weigh in excess of 100 pounds; however, hoist, hand trucks, lifts, and other workers are available to assist with the heavier lifting. Must be able to lift 40-pound loads, work in cramped quarters and have ability (eyesight) to do close work. Must be able to work from ladders and elevated platforms.
You must show in your experience in the online application that you possess the knowledge, skill and abilities to perform the duties of the position. You must meet the screen-out element Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision, normally addressed at the beginning of the online questions. In addition, you must also obtain an average score of two (2) on all other elements for this position as addressed through the online question in order to be considered minimally qualified.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. Be sure all experience is documented in your resume by indicating place of employment, job title, length of time performing the duties, and the name and contact information for the supervisor. We must be able to verify this experience in your resume in order for you to receive credit.
You must meet the following requirements within 14 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, ansys, assembly, catia, machine, mechanical, msme, propulsion, rotordynamic, solidworks
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...