- Department of the Treasury
1103 Market St
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE(HCO) DIVISION:The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See Other Information for Locations
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT DO? As a Management and Program Assistant you will be the first point of contact for employees seeking a variety of support services. You will be involved in responding to and/or resolving a diversity of questions, issues and/or problems related to a wide range of Agency-Wide Support Services programs, procedures and services. In this role, you will be challenged with looking for opportunities to improve the efficiency and productivity of program operations, and with recommending solutions for resolving conventional problems and questions. For those applicants interested in applying for a Lead position, you will also serve as a work leader over employees engaged in accomplishing management/program assistance work, where judgment and originality are required in dealing with unusual problems. The work is technical and administrative in nature, and you will be relied upon to independently plan work and meet deadlines.
As a Management and Program Assistant you will:
* Collect information specific to customer's individual issues in relation to Facilities Management, Personnel, Financial Services, Procurement, EEO, and Labor Relations contacts.
* Identify potential and actual problems and ensure customer received timely and satisfactory responses to their requests.
* Research specific issues, gather pertinent statistics or information, reports findings and recommend corrective action.
* Assist other Specialists in the preparation of training materials and in conducting on-the-job training for new hires.
* Monitor operations and interrelationships with other functions workflow, work redundancy, or systemic problems and revise procedures and controls.
* Prepare memoranda, reports, and charts showing findings or recommendations.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
* Job family (Series)
0344 Management And Program Clerical And Assistance
Conditions of Employment
* Please refer to \"Other Information\"
* Click \"Print Preview\" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
* IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments[IF APPLICABLE]
PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT (OFFICE AUTOMATION): In addition to meeting experience or education requirements, applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to type 40 words per minute. Applicants may be asked to participate in a typing/performance test, provide a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue such certificates by the Office of Personnel Management local office, or self-certifying their proficiency (which may be verified at a later step in the process). Performance test results and certificates of proficiency are acceptable for 3 years.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-5 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-04 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Demonstrate knowledge of clerical or technical skills sufficient to assist in collecting basic information and data from customers and compiling data on routine requests and issues and knowledge of applicable program policies and procedures to analyze, evaluate and interpret information. OR
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: A Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university.
GS-6 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Demonstrate knowledge of clerical or technical procedures and requirements sufficient to assist in compiling data on routine requests and issues, including recognizing and correcting discrepancies and data omissions; Knowledge of standard interviewing techniques; Knowledge of available on-line systems and research materials to respond to customers requests; and knowledge of applicable program policies and procedures to analyze, evaluate and interpret information.
GS-7 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-06 in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Demonstrate knowledge of standard interviewing techniques to collect various types of factual information from customers; Extensive knowledge of applicable program policies and procedures to analyze and evaluate information, interpret guidance, draw conclusions, coordinate studies or projects, and provide effective management/program support; Knowledge of available on-line systems and research materials to respond to customers requests.
For Grade 5: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...