- Department of the Treasury
- $90,940.00 -201,520.00/year*
1103 Market St
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE (HCO) DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See Other Information for Locations
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A CIVILIAN PAY TECHNICIAN DO? As a Civilian Pay Technician you will perform specialized payroll/timekeeping duties and analysis. The position requires detailed personnel/payroll knowledge related to Time and Leave administration and multiple HR systems, some of these may include: the National Finance Center (NFC), IRS Totally Automated Personnel System (TAPS), and other personnel/payroll processing modules.
As a Civilian Pay Technician you will:
* Review, validate, transmit, and perform error resolution on Time and Attendance data.
* Identify and resolve complex time and attendance problems which result from corrective actions related to back pay, settlements, grievances, congressional inquiries, and complicated time reporting procedures.
* Analyze problems to determine appropriate action to correct deficiencies, such as systemic problems with the automated personnel/payroll systems, training, communication and/or workflow.
* Prepare marketing and outreach material, such as newsletters and user job aids or training sessions, identifying customer needs.
* Monitor submission of documents and performs audits of documents and procedures to ensure the integrity of the personnel/payroll system is maintained.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH
* Job family (Series)
0544 Civilian Pay
Conditions of Employment
* Refer to Other Information
* Click \"Print Preview\" to review the entire announcement before applying
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
* IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-5 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS -04 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with regulations and requirements relating to timekeeping, payroll, and personnel programs, and techniques to identify personnel/payroll problems; Experience with automated systems and regulatory research tools such as the Internet/Intranet, U. S. Code, delegation orders, local and national negotiated agreements; Experience with oral and written techniques in order to advise and meet with customers. OR You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: A Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university. OR You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
GS-6 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS -05 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience in applying regulations and requirements relating to timekeeping, payroll, and personnel programs in order to provide assistance; Experience with analytical and evaluative techniques to identify and resolve personnel/payroll problems; Experience using automated systems and their interrelationships, some examples include: IRS Totally Automated Personnel System (TAPS)/ National Finance Center (NFC) to resolve routine time and leave issues; Experience using regulatory research tools such as the Internet/Intranet, U. S. Code, delegation orders, local and national negotiated agreements; Experience with oral and written techniques in order to advise, communicate and meet with customers.
For Grades 5 and 6: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
** The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...