NOTE: Although this is a home-office based position, candidates MUST live in greater Philadelphia
Before you apply, ask yourself
Do you \"live and breathe\" the VMware core stack of products?
Are your dreams filled with vSphere, ESXi, vRealize, vSAN, and VMware Cloud Foundation?
Do you already have your VCP Certification (or could you get it within the next 90 days)?
Do you have proven experience with large/global clients?
Technical Account Manager (TAM)
You will consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment of VMware solutions. You are the customer's primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting customer success.
You will engage resources across the entire VMware organization (sales, product management, education, R&D, and support). You will actively expand adoption of VMware solutions within accounts by driving relationships at every level, both internally and externally, to influence positive change. In addition to the customer facing activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams and contribute to TAM program development activities.
* Map VMware solutions to the customer's unique business and technical requirements to ensure strategic long-term value
* Understand the customer's relevant business challenges while functioning as a trusted advisor for \"best practices\" and drive adoption of VMware solutions within your assigned accounts
* Agility: respond to the needs of your customers with confidence and ease
* Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer's major VMware initiatives
* Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
* Manage and own contending requests across multiple client engagements
* Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements
* Support customer business objectives by effectively bringing to bear TAM program deliverables
* Must have experience with VMware's core stack of products
* Location: Candidates must live in the greater Philadelphia area
* Must have VMware Certified Professional Certification (VCP) 5 or greater certification preferred (or be able to get it within 90 days)
* Must have proven experience with global/enterprise-level accounts
* Travel: Ability to travel up to 20% regionally (NOTE: Most travel will be local from your home office to clients in greater Philly and within the nearby region, but there will likely be 3-4 conferences or training that require travel throughout the year)
* Degree: Bachelor's degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience
* Business insight and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence change
* Understanding of consulting processes (project lifecycle, road map alignment)
* Validated technical background in at least 1 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, mobility, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture; preferably with industry certifications
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel
* Agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges
* Effective at working independently and in a virtual team setting
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle contending client demands
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity:
Apply now Apply now
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.